Chapter 23

I sit up in bed and quickly look around. I'm still in Lilith's room and I'm still not used to waking up to it although... Somethings feels off. I feel... a lot lighter, almost weightless. This must be a dream, I decided, but why am I dreaming of this room when I'm literally sleeping in here?

"Hello MC, remember me?" I look up at the voice to see a young woman sitting at one of the couches. She has a soft smile on her face. Her face reminds me of a female version of Asmo but... different. She pats the sit next to her and I get up to walk towards her. Although I've never seen her, I would know that voice anytime even though I've only ever heard it once.

"Hello Lilith," her face breaks into a grin when I did recognize her. I take a look at her, despite having a face that looks a bit like Asmo, I would say she resembles Mammon the most in her own way.

"It's been quite some time since we talked, isn't it?"

"Yeah but let me just get this clear first. This is a dream right? I'm not dead or anything, right?"

"Of course, my brothers would be highly disappointed and heartbroken if you died," she giggles.

"So what is it? The last time you came to me was when I was almost dying, why appear now?"

"I don't know, I didn't plan to but maybe you sleeping in my room somehow connected you to me," she shrugs.

"Oh about that, sorry for using your room, something came up and we didn't really have much choice,"

"No worries, I know all about what happen, I do after all watch over you and my brothers. Plus, it's not like this is my actual room, it's just an exact replica of my old room but I never once stayed here. Maybe I would if I had become a demon but I never really got the chance huh?"

"Did you want to be a demon?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Who knows? I never really thought about it but I would love to spend more time with my brothers and I knew since the war that I would gladly follow them to wherever they go even after they've fallen from grace after the sacrifice they made for me,"

"Oh, speaking of the brothers, they sent their regards to you,"

"And the other one?"

"What other one?" I look at her confused.

"The angel? He's your guardian angel right?"

"Oh, you mean Kegan? Yeah he is, what about him?"

"Did he say anything?" Lilith looks at me with curiosity.

"No, I mean he did ask about you. Why are you even asking? Wait, do you know him?"

"Maybe I did, once. Did he show any signs that he knows me?"

"Uh no, he was really curious about you though,"

"So he doesn't remember me then? I suppose that is to be expected,"

"You know Lilith, come to think of it, he never really asked for your name, maybe that's why he didn't remember you?"

"He didn't ask for my name? He never really did change then," she laughs, "I guess maybe you are right,"

"Wait hold on, how did you even know him? Were you like friends?"

"Honestly? I don't know, I considered him a friend back then but I never really knew what he thinks of me," she shrugs.

"So if you were friends, then wouldn't he know that you're Lucifer's little sister? He doesn't even know Lucifer has a little sister. Now that I mentioned it, even Luke doesn't know about you, how come?"

"I think Lucifer's the only really popular one back at the Celestial Realm," she laughs, "and as to why Kegan doesn't know... well, I never really told him about it,"

"You didn't tell him that you're Lucifer's little sister? Why?"

"I don't know, I just never did," Lilith hops up and walks over to one of the windows. "It's kinda funny, from inside this room you could see coming in from the window as if it's morning outside but when you really look outside, it's dark. I have to say, Lucifer did an amazing job imitating my old room, even so far as making it look like it's morning all the time from inside the room,"

"I never really asked any of the brothers or Kegan this but, what's the Celestial Realm like?" I join her by the window and see that what she said is true.

"Celestial Realm? Well, I guess you can say it's the opposite of Devildom, it's night here all the time right? Well there it's morning all the time,"

"So you're telling me up there it's day time everyday? Going about doing work and living in night time everyday is another story but that? Are you saying you sleep in daylight?"

"Yes?" She laughs.

"I don't think that's enjoyable in any way,"

"Fond of the night time now that you spent a long time here, do you? But I guess you do have a point, I think that's also a part of why I loved the human world, I like the day and night balance,"

"Speaking of that, how exactly did you find the man that you fell in love with? I never really heard the story,"

"Oh that, well that's a story for another time," she grins.

"Oh now she's hiding things," I laugh, "by the way Lilith, I guess that makes you a great-great grandmother of mine right? I mean I'm a very distant descendant of you, who knows how many generations has passed so I don't really know how many great there's supposed to be but you get the point right?"

"I guess yes but please don't start calling me grandma," she groans.

"Isn't it supposed to work that way? I should after all respect my elders," I tease her.

"Call me grandma and I'm disowning you as my descendant,"

"Hey, you can't do that,"

"I can and I will if you try,"

"Well someones being mean," I laugh.

"You started it MC," she laughs too.

"You know, it's nice to spend time with you like this,"

"Yeah I think so too, who knows? Maybe we'll meet each other more often like this the longer you stay in this room and even after that,"

"I hope we do, I enjoy talking to you. Oh and Lilith? Since you won't tell me about how you met with your husband, how about you tell me about how you meet Kegan?"

"Ah that's a story for another time too,"

"Oh come on!"

"Look you have to wake up soon, you do have school tomorrow after all,"

"Wait really? That fast?"

"Well we are in a dream so time doesn't really work the same I suppose,"

"Well time surely went by,"

"I promise I'll tell you once the time is right, now wake up and go to school. No descendant of mine is skipping school on my watch,"

"Geez fine, but how exactly am I supposed to wake up?"

"Oh you will, tell my brothers I send them my regards too. It was nice talking to you MC, I'll see you... the next time I do," she laughs. Suddenly, there's a flash of light and the next thing I know is that I'm sitting up in bed with my alarm ringing.

A/N: so this is another short one, bear with me