Chapter 34

I laugh as I listen to Asmo ramble on and on with his stories and praises for himself. Solomon who was standing at his side has a soft smile on his face as he listens too and occasionally lets out some soft chuckles. All of the others had gone to do their things but I decided to stay back with Asmo and Solomon.

"Asmodeus, maybe it's better if you cut it off with the demonus for now," Solomon says as he reaches for the glass in Asmo's hand but he moves it away.

"Don't be ridiculous Solomon!" Asmo giggles. I think Asmo is getting drunk.

"I know you like demonus and don't get drunk easily but I'm starting to think you're getting drunk by now," Solomon echoes my thoughts.

"I'm fine! It's a party Solomon, enjoy it!"

"I am enjoying it however I think you won't be if you continue to drink even more." Solomon has a point since even I had lost count of how many glasses Asmo has had by now.

"You're saying that as if," Asmo hiccups, "you're not drinking." He hiccups again as he eyes the glass in Solomon's hand.

"I'm a different case, demonus doesn't affect humans you, however, are a demon," he answers as he swirls the glass a little bit.

"But-" another hiccup, "th- that's unfair! And I'm fine! Don't worry!" He pouts at Solomon. Yeah, he's definitely drunk.

"Asmo, maybe you really should listen to Solomon for now," I decided to pipe up.

"But MC! I'm fine! Can't you see I'm fine?" Not very convincing with the hiccups Asmo.

"You really like drinking, don't you?" I chuckle as I watch him lean against Solomon.

"Oh, yes! You should try drinking more MC! It's fun!" He giggles.

"Well it isn't until you get drunk and I have to carry you home," Solomon interjects.

"Wait, you Solomon?" I guess it's not really that surprising that Solomon is one of his drinking buddies.

"Yes! You know darling, Solomon is a great drinking partner!"

"Oh really?" I eye Solomon with a grin.

"Alright, that's enough now Asmo,"

"Yeah! He doesn't really get drunk that easily and demonus doesn't affect him so he makes a great drinking partner especially if I get drunk! Actually, we first met each other at a bar!" Asmo ignores him.

"Alright, that's enough demonus for you tonight," Solomon ignores his protests and takes the glass away from Asmo's hand. The two start arguing, Asmo looking like he's on the verge of tears and Solomon calmly dealing with him. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Simeon.

"May I ask the lady for a dance?" He grins as he grabs my hand and does a little bow. I glance at Solomon and Asmo and I could tell they wouldn't really mind me disappearing.

"Sure, why not?" I mirror his grin back and he leads me to the dance floor.

"I thought I could save you back then, those two could still be a bit too much to handle," he tells me as he starts leading the dance.

"Thanks, you're not really wrong," I laugh a little. "That reminds me, this is the first time I see you tonight, where were you the whole time?"

"Walking around, keeping an eye on Luke as he helps Barbatos and keeping Kegan company," he eyes me, "you had another fight with Kegan?"

"I wouldn't really call it a fight," I shrug.

"Mind filling me in?"

"I just lost my cool back then and said stuff about how all of the brothers and him think I'm just a weak human and stuffs, it's embarrassing."