Chapter 15 (Kegan's P.O.V)

Meanwhile at Purgatory Hall...

"MC? MC!" I stare at the D.D.D in my hand as it stops beeping after MC turned off the call. That girl, here I am worried about her and trying to fulfil my duty as her guardian angel and yet she yelled at me and cut off the call while I was still talking. What is wrong with her? Why can't she understand that demons are bad? I rub at my face and that was when I hear the soft footsteps.

"Are you done yelling at MC?" Simeon says as he pulls out the seat across from me.

"I wasn't yelling at her,"

"Simply raising your voice then? You were pretty loud, I could hear you all the way from the kitchen,"

"Apologies Simeon, I didn't mean to disturb you,"

"No worries, you should be thankful neither Solomon nor Luke is home, they would be pretty upset and mad if they knew you yelled at her like that,"

"Aren't you going to say anything about it then?" I look at him questioningly.

"I'm sure you could tell by yourself what is wrong and what is right, you are an angel after all and you're not a child," Simeon says as he stares out to the city.

"... I probably shouldn't have yelled at her in such way," I sigh and ruffle my hair.

"You think?" Simeon looks at me in a way that says that's all you think you did wrong?

"I... was pretty rude to her," I lean back against the chair, "what had I done?"

"Only her?" What about the brothers?

"They are demons Simeon, regardless of the fact that they were once angels and demons does not deserve any respect."

"Now you're being rude towards not just the brothers, but all demons in existence," he sighs and lean back, eyes once again looking at the city afar.

"Demons are wicked, cruel creatures, nothing good comes from being around them and they are likely to stab you in the back and eat you. Such creatures does not deserve my, or anyone else in that matter, respect,"

"Such talking really isn't what one would want to hear from an angel, Kegan, is this because you don't trust them? Is that it?"

"I don't see a point in lying and saying that we should trust them because we shouldn't and if memory serves me right, even Luke himself dislikes the demons, what makes him so different from me?"

"Why did you think Michael sent him here? This is a good way for Luke to learn more about the different creatures in existence and open up his mind more in his growing. True, he did dislike demons and I am not saying that he likes them now but you can see that he has changed his outlook towards demons. He's still wary of them but I'd say that even he enjoys their company now even if he won't admit it." I see a soft smile on his lips as he probably recounts the memories they had for the past 10 months.

"I don't see how you could be so friendly with them Simeon,"

"Kegan, if I remember correctly, you used to be a fan of Lucifer back when he was still an angel," he smiles.

"That was in the past, things change and I no longer admire him for anything, not even for who he was in the past," I sigh at the fact that Simeon brings it up. I didn't expect him to remember about it. I admired you too, was all I could think as I look at Simeon. He had always been so humble.

"Well somehow that hurts me, you see Kegan, I still see him as a brother. Ah, I guess you probably lost your respect for both me and Lucifer then after the war," he chuckles and it sounded pained.

"No! I still respect you Simeon!"

"I'm thankful of it but there's no need of that, as you can see, a huge part of the angels still has their doubts of me after I refused to fight in the war. Though we might not seem like it, I think even Michael still doesn't fully trust me, after all he does enjoy making me his errand boy." Of course, almost all angels knew about Simeon's story, the seraph who is now an archangel. Some call it betrayal when he refused to take any sides in the war and that made a lot of the angels, even among the seraphs, lose their trust towards him. Most probably couldn't tell he is a seraph but there is no hiding it when he is in his angel form. After the war, they had lowered his ranks to archangel and made him some errand boy for Michael until he could fully gain their trust back. Nobody has ever said much about Simeon except for that but personally, I just have a feeling that Simeon could rival Michael in power, perhaps even stronger than him.

"Let's push that topic aside and get back to our original topic," Simeon says, interrupting my thoughts.

"You mean MC?"

"Yes, are you really going to take her back here?"

"I must Simeon, it's not safe for her to be around those demons,"

"What about your agreement then? You promised her you'll let her stay there for this weekend,"

"That was before she got her cycle!"

"And what exactly does her cycle has to do with this?" Simeon looks at me questioningly.

"It- it's- well, it's nothing really," I answer hesitantly.

"Right, then why not let her stay?"

"I can't- she's just a normal human! She doesn't even have magic powers like Solomon does! It's too dan-"

"MC is stronger than you give her credit for Kegan, let her stay there, don't you want her to be happy? She missed the brothers, all of them are like family now, don't get in between them or you'd end up breaking MC's heart while trying to protect her,"

"But-" I stopped when I realize what Simeon said in final sentence, "wait what do you mean?"

"You like her don't you? I can't help but notice it," Simeon laughs.

"Wha- how- I thought I did a good job hiding it,"

"I won't tell her, not to worry but Kegan? If you want her to not hate you then let her stay there,"

"I can't just-"

"You can, it's just up to you," Simeon stood up, "I think I better get going, Luke asked me to pick him up from his baking classes Barbatos and he's wary enough as it is to be going there without Solomon accompanying him," he chuckles, "I'll leave you to your thoughts and make your decision. I'll see you later when I get back, oh and make sure Solomon doesn't cook in case he gets home,"

"Sure but why?" I ask confused.

"I'm sure you don't want to know why." And with that Simeon left. I sat there at the balcony for a while, rethinking about what Simeon just said. In the end, I got up and went to my room. I sigh dejectedly, my body is on full alert and I just want MC to be near me right now but following Simeon's advice, despite of what I want, I let her stay there with the demon brothers until the weekend ends.  

A/N: I planned this to be a short chapter only but somehow the Simeon story came and it's just a hc, I don't know what actually happened but yeah, adding a few hc here and there couldn't hurt. The part about Simeon going from seraph to archangel is true of course but everything else is just a guess. Also, this chapter is me being nice and giving Kegan more scenes to appear in.