Ashaangi TS Intertwined Part - III | A |

Ashaangi TS Intertwined Part III - A

Ashwin has been called by many names throughout his life. His grandmother used to call him Achu which made his family members call him the same. He was called as AK in his friends' gang, endless nicknames and endearments among cousins and Ashwin Kumar professionally. But it was Ashwineyy that made him a household name in every house of Tamil Nadu.

Of course, the one who named him as Ashwineyy doesn't talk to him anymore. For days he has longed to hear Sivaangi calling him as Ashwineyy whenever he feels down but that have always ended in disappointments. So, hearing his name from her hits a different kind of feeling this time.

When Ashwin heard Sivaangi uttering his name, his fingers which were playing with the red thread on his right wrist stopped as his whole form stiffened. He fought down the lump in his throat as he slowly lifted his eyes to look at Sivaangi.

"Vaanga Ashwin, cake cut panlam" Sivaangi said meekly, trying not to meet Ashwin's eyes.

The Sivaangi Ashwin knows would never avert her gaze from him. She would always speak to him by looking into his eyes. Usually, he is the one who forget what to say when he looks into her eyes and speak. Now, Sivaangi couldn't bring herself to look into his eyes and speak.

"Va mapla, anga en nikura. Va cake cut panlam" Pugazh said wounding his arm around Ashwin and brought him to the coffee table.

Pugazh received a call which he rejected twice but sighed, excused himself, moved a little away and attended on the third ring. Sivaangi heaved a sigh as she bent down to pick the match box to light the candle on the cake.

Sivaangi could feel Ashwin's gaze on her and swallowed. She picked the match box next to the cake with slightly trembling hand due to nervousness. She tried to light the matchbox but out of nervousness, she ended up lighting the matchbox but it burnt her left finger slightly.

Hearing Sivaangi's hiss, Ashwin got alert and moved towards Sivaangi who looked up when he grabbed her hand. She frowned when Ashwin inspected her finger, his lips formed a thin line before looking up at her with a glare.

"Ethayum pathu pana theriyatha" Ashwin chided "Thankfully it is nothing big this time"

Sivaangi fought down the lump in her throat. Why did his words feel like an indirect jab at her? She pulled back her hand from Ashwin's grip and bent down to pick the matchbox on the floor herself without any word. Her hands were shaky as she collected the match sticks on the ground while her eyes moistened a bit.

Ashwin heaved a frustrated sigh before bending down and picking the match sticks himself making Sivaangi stiffen. She looked up when she heard him muttering something to himself. Taking a sharp intake of breath, Sivaangi said,

"Ashw-"

Before Sivaangi could say anything, Ashwin snatched the matchbox from Sivaangi's hand and stood up averting his gaze. He turned around ignoring her completely and lighted the candle on the cake himself as she stared at him while chewing the insides of her cheek.

A frowning Pugazh came back to the coffee table from the window side. Ashwin noticed Pugazh's face and at Sivaangi's face before fixing his eyes on Pugazh. Ashwin decided that he'll ask why his friend was tensed later and celebrate his birthday first. He wouldn't want Sivaangi's surprise to get disturbed.

"Machan va da cake cut panlam" Ashwin said wounding his arms around Pugazh's shoulders who put on a smile on his lips as he joined the duo.

Sivaangi and Ashwin was at the either side of Pugazh. Sivaangi had a broad smile on her face as she side hugged her brother. She and Ashwin sang the birthday song in which Pugazh joined in and made few fun changes cracking the other two.