Ashaangi TS Heart's Musings Pt I

Disclaimer

This story is a piece of fiction based on the author's imagination and has nothing to do with the actual life of the characters mentioned.

~ * ~

Ashaangi TS Heart's Musings

Part One

Sivaangi walked inside her apartment after a tired day of work. Even though her duty ended by 7 pm, with Chennai traffic it took her an hour and half to reach her area. After forty minutes of grocery shopping in the nearby supermarket, she was beat when she came home.

Top of that, it started drizzling and with the way sky's cracking with thunder, a huge downpour is expected. Sivaangi heaved a tired sigh, placed her grocery bags on the dining table and slipped inside her room.

Sivaangi works at an ad agency as a copy writer and also works freelance for random companies. She lives at a 2 BHK apartment at Chennai all alone while her family stays at Theni.

Most of the time Sivaangi spends her time at apartment all alone but she rarely gets lonely. But not on rainy day. The cold weather, gushing rain, the eerie silence with just rain splashing sound and possible power cut makes her feel lonelier than ever.

Stretching her tired arms, Sivaangi walked inside the kitchen and fixed a quick dinner for her. Rainy day calls for Maggie, that's unwritten rule in Sivaangi's life. Adding a generous two slice of cheese, she gave a quick stir to the noodles before transferring it into a plate.

"Naanga lam yaru, continental chef ke tough kudupom" Sivaangi said giving an imaginary pat on her shoulder.

After grabbing a Appy Fizz bottle from fridge, Sivaangi sat on the couch in living room and put on FYI18, her favourite lifestyle infotainment channel. Food Paradise show was going on and she watched the show with full concentration as she ate.

Once done with dinner, Sivaangi quickly placed a call to her mother and narrated interesting incidents of the day.

"Inaiku lift vera velai seiyala Maa. Stairs eri dhan vandhen aana morning epdi keela poga poren oh" Sivaangi whined.

Sivaangi has a strange fear. She's scared of climbing down the stairs, a fear which she developed when she was a child. After few more minutes of catching up with her rest of family that consists of her parents and younger brother, she hung up the call.

After doing dishes, Sivaangi took her mobile and settled down on the couch. Her mobile battery is at 5 % but she was too lazy to get up right away. Deciding to put it on charge when its at 2 %, she continued strolling her Instagram.

For someone who stays alone, their mobile phones are like their best friend and it isn't a different case with Sivaangi. She loves her gadgets more than most people. She made a kissing face at her mobile before singing at her mobile,

"Meduka kiruka unna naan rasichen.

Unayeh nenachu dhinamum sirichen

Jimiki naduva unna naan olichen

Kadaisi varaikum usura varuven"

Just as Sivaangi finished singing, her mobile battery died making her slightly gasp, her lips forming a little O as she threw an accusing glare at her mobile.

"Unakaga naan urugi urugi paduren. Nee mathikavey ila. Chseh" Sivaangi twisted her lips before standing up with a sigh.

Grumbling, Sivaangi walked inside her bedroom and was about to plug in the charger when the electricity went off. A big thunder cracked on the sky making Sivaangi jerk for a second.