Ashaangi TS Oui, Chef Pt I | B |

Disclaimer

This story is a piece of fiction based on the author's imagination and has nothing to do with the actual life of characters mentioned in the story. I have casted Ashwin Kumar and Sivaangi Krishnakumar as leads.

~ * ~

Ashaangi TS Oui, Chef

Part One | B |

Ashwin walked in and clapped his hands gaining everyone's attention. He was fully dressed in his chef suit with aprons and hats on. Sivaangi hid the smile that threatened to escape her lips as she wiped her wet hands with towel. He looked amazing. Her eyes fell on her fellow chefs who stood stiff.

'Yenna ivanunga ipdi build up kudukuranga?' Sivaangi wondered to herself and then looked at Ashwin dreamily, 'Avara paru, yepdi irukaru nu! Cha! Amsama irukarey'

"Guys, hope we cleared everything when I got here. Do stick with my rules and kitchen will run smoothly. Enaku perfection romba mukiyam. I believe in giving best. Service table ku if I get food that's less than my standard then I'll discard it. You have to do it again from the start. Nyabagam vachukonga. I have given list to Parthiv. Follow and stick to it" Ashwin said as he placed both his hands on the service counter and leaned on it.

"Yes Chef!" Everyone yelled in unison.

Ashwin's eyes fell on Sivaangi who stood with her breath hitched before he averted his gaze.

"Kitchen la careful ah irukanum. Be attentive. Don't make mistakes" Ashwin said, "I have a burning temper once I'm in my kitchen and I don't go easy on those who make mistake. Nyabagam vachupinga nu namburen"

"Yes Chef!"

"Hmmm, velaya parunga" Ashwin nodded at Parthiv and walked inside head chef's room.

Sivaangi released the breath she didn't even realize she was holding. Phew! He was scary when he used that stern voice. She had to give him that. They weren't joking. But remembering his warm base voice, a smile crept on her lips automatically.

'Kitchen la matum dhan apdi pola. Head Chef na ipdi irundhu dhaney aganum' Sivaangi thought and convinced herself.

Shaking her head, Sivaangi quickly gathered the ingredients she needed and spread it over her work space. She peeled garlic and chopped it finely before working on other ingredients for the sauce.

Sivaangi was too lazy to walk into the freezer to get few ingredients and so, she walked over to Pugazh's counter and stole what she needed. She didn't get caught thanks to Pugazh who was eyeing at Pavi.

For the day, Sivaangi has to prepare base sauces for pasta. She was done with most of it quickly like base tomato sauce, pesto, agio olio base and started to prepare white sauce.

As she started to prepare white sauce, Sivaangi's mobile buzzed continuously. Worry itched her face when she got constant calls from home. She was adding seasoning at that time. She added seasonings with a calculation that's standard and switched off the stove.

Sivaangi walked inside the chef locker room as she conversed. When she hangs up, she groaned and buried her face into her hand. Couple of seconds later, heaving a deep sigh, she stood up and opened the chef locker room door to go out but halted on her tracks to see Ashwin on the other side, his hand half raised in air, indicating that he was about to open the door.

'Meendum meendum ah' Sivaangi's subconscious laughed at her.

The annoyance on Sivaangi's face replaced with a smile as she saw Ashwin who greeted her back with a small smile before stepping aside paving way for her to go out. Her shoulder brushed against his arm unintentionally as she walked and her heart raced with excitement.