Ashaangi SS Entwined Pt VI

Disclaimer

This story is a piece of fiction based on the author's imagination and has nothing to do with the actual life of characters mentioned in the story. I have casted Ashwinkumar and Sivaangi Krishnakumar.

PS: Enaku therincha information vachu eludhuna chapter, if anything is wrong, manichu.

~ * ~

Ashaangi SS Entwined

Part VI

With vermillion in her hair partition and mangalyam pendant in yellow thread hanging around her neck along with her mother's jewels, the new bride Sivaangi smiled widely as she sat along with Bala, Raju and Mano, conversing with them.

Sivaangi's cheek ached from smiling all morning but she didn't let the bright wide smile on her face waiver. She laughed to something Bala said and her eyes instinctively darted towards opposite direction where Ashwin's standing with Baba Baskar and Parthiv. Her eyes took in Ashwin and then her gaze fell on her mangalsutra on her neck making her get lost into her wedding thoughts while her smile stayed intact.

Ashwin and Sivaangi were married, couple of hours ago. When they woke up in the morning, Master's men already arranged everything for marriage in the opposite apartment. Sivaangi's hands were filled with henna thanks to Mano who learned it from his sister and volunteered to do it. She was touched by his gesture. After couple of hours, Bala instructed Ashwin and Sivaangi to get ready for the muhurtham.

They got ready in separate rooms. Ashwin handed Sivaangi her mother's jewels which Bala gave him last night once he was ready. Ashwin was dressed in a pattu vesti and shirt while Sivaangi was dressed in the wedding saree which he bought for her.

"You won't regret doing this ever, right?" Sivaangi asked Ashwin before they were to leave his apartment, her voice low as she said, "Even if that thought ever comes, please don't regret our marriage"

Ashwin took a brief moment to look at Sivaangi before he heaved a sigh and held her hand gently, "I don't know what made you think that. I'm not a man who's best with words but I'm a man of action. I won't promise that I won't but let my actions convince you that I won't. Just trust me, Sivaangi"

"I do, Ashwin. With my life" Sivaangi said as she tightened her grip on Ashwin's, "I'll always do"

"Then let's get married" Locking his eyes with hers, Ashwin took Sivaangi out.

Soon they were ushered into Master's apartment where Master was barking orders to his men. When his eyes fell on the couple, his face softened and he welcomed them. There was an elder woman sitting on the couch and Baskar led them to her.

Shakeela was a headstrong business woman whom Baba Baskar met three decades before. Growing up, he found a sister in her and she, a brother. As Baba Baskar never got married nor has any living family, he didn't have any female to bring for the wedding and so, he requested Shakeela who agreed.

When Baba Baskar introduced the couples to Shakeela, it was instant attachment for Shakeela and Ashwin. She didn't get married but always wanted a well-behaved son like Ashwin and Sivaangi was so cute that she instantly adored her.

Shakeela instructed everyone to finish rest of work for the wedding. She applied a dash of holy ash on both Ashwin and Sivaangi's forehead. An Iyer raised sacred fire and was chanting mantras. Ashwin was asked to sit in front of the holy fire. Two girls walked inside the apartment grabbing everyone's attention. Shakeela introduced them as Mila and Tasha, her adoptive daughters.