Ashaangi OS A Perfect Sunday Morning

Disclaimer: This piece is a work of fiction based on author's imagination and has nothing to do with real life of any of the characters mentioned.

Backstory: Ashwin is a professor and director of AK Institute of Arts and Commerce (AKAC), Coimbatore. He fell in love with his student Sivaangi. After a year of secretly dating each other, they got married once Sivaangi completed her UG. Now, it has been a year since they got married and she's in the final year of her PG. They stay at an apartment away from family drama.

~ * ~

Ashaangi OS A Perfect Sunday Morning

Sivaangi Ashwinkumar heaved a tired sigh as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. It was supposed to be a lazy Sunday morning spent in bed catching up on some extra beauty sleep without any stress. Instead, she's spending the morning cleaning their apartment on her husband's orders.

Whining to herself, Sivaangi pulled the window curtain, rolled it and put it inside the bucket next to her before dusting the window. She pressed the wet piece of cloth against the window once she's done dusting the window.

"Cleaning day was supposed to be yesterday!" Sivaangi voiced out annoyed.

"Which we didn't thanks to your brother Pugazh's birthday party" Ashwin said placing a bucket of fresh water and added, "So, don't whine like a child and get this done, Sivaangi ma"

"Ada ena Ashwineyy nee. It is 7:50 am on a Sunday morning. It is illegal to be up this early on Sunday!" Sivaangi complained like a child making Ashwin chuckle slightly before he masked it with a poker look.

"Ithukey epdi ya? You have to do laundry next" Ashwin said and laughed out on seeing Sivaangi's flabbergasted reaction.

"Ena sir ku romba siripu varutho" Sivaangi huffed and wiped her hand on the towel rested on her shoulder before adding, "Iru ipo una ena panren nu paru, Ashwineyy"

Sivaangi was about to run and pounce on Ashwin but ended up stumbling on the bucket with dirty water making the water spill on the floor. Both gasped as they jumped from their spot to save themselves from the dirty water.

On seeing Ashwin glaring at her, Sivaangi put on a sheepish smile as she scratched her hair looking apologetically at her husband. When Ashwin increased the intensity of the glare showing his disappointment, Sivaangi held her ears making a sorry face.

"Ehhh Sorry Ashwineyyy, na venum nu lam panla. Athuva ipdi agiruchu" Sivaangi said holding her hands together, gesturing him to forgive her.

"En agathu!" Ashwin remarked sarcastically fighting off the smile that threated to escape his lips on seeing Sivaangi's cute gesture.

Ashwin cleared his throat and put on a serious face and angled his head sideways as he raised an eyebrow before pursing his arms together and tapped his right feet.

"Na indha floor ah clean pani mudikura kula nee cupboard ah odunga vachu irukanum, Sivaangi ma" Ashwin said in a stern tone.

"Ashwineyy pleasseee athulam vendam" Sivaangi put on an innocent face while Ashwin shook his head sideways refusing to give in.

"Seri apo cupboard matum ilama study room ah um sendhu clean paniru" Ashwin said biting back his smile and added, "Laundry ah na pathukure"

'Ada ena pa aalu ivaru! College la dhan sidu moonji strict professor nu patha ingayum wife nu kuda pakama ipdi panraru!' Sivaangi thought shaking her head.

"Ashwineyy" Sivaangi said putting on a puppy face.

"Ithu podhum la ila aduthu laundry um nee yeh panriya?" Ashwin asked with an eyebrow raised.