Ashaangi OS I'll be there for you

Disclaimer: This work is a piece of fiction based on the author's imagination and has nothing to do with the actual lives of Ashwinkumar and Sivaangi Krishnakumar. Keep that in mind while reading. 

~ * ~

Ashaangi OS I'll be there for you

Ashwin paused his Play Station when he heard his door bell ring. His eyes went to the wall clock that showed 11:30 pm. Wondering who's at his door at this late night, he placed the joystick down, pushed himself off the couch and moved towards the main door.

Ashwin wasn't shocked but surprised to find Sivaangi at the doorstep. He was about to smile and greet her but he frowned when he looked at her face. Her tear-stained face and puffy red eyes alarmed him.

"Sivaangi ma en-" Panic was evident in Ashwin's tone as he raised his hand to touch Sivaangi.

Sivaangi didn't give Ashwin a chance to complete as she leapt forward right into his arms. He stumbled a bit but managed to stand his feet and wrapped his arms around the woman in his arms; worry evident on his face.

"Ma, ena paru ma. Ena ma achu?" Ashwin asked worried as he caressed Sivaangi's hair comfortingly.

Sivaangi didn't say anything. Rather she let her tears down as she flung her arms around Ashwin's neck and snuggled closer to him; her feet barely touching the ground. He heaved a worried sigh before pulling her closer if that's possible and lifted her to himself.

With one hand holding Sivaangi to himself, Ashwin closed the apartment door with his other hand and took her to the couch while still holding onto her. He sat down with her in his arms and placed her on his lap.

Sivaangi snuggled into Ashwin and buried her face into his chest. Knowing that she won't stop crying any time soon, with one arm around her while the other one firmly around her waist, he decided to let her cry her heart out.

Ashwin's hand reached out to caress Sivaangi's locks as he slowly rocked himself with her trying to comfort her. At the same time his mind raced with various possibilities of what could have happened that made his girl break into tears.

Sivaangi closed her eyes and pressed herself more against Ashwin's chest before listening to his heartbeat. She swallowed her tears as she tightened her grip around him and let her racing heart find peace with his heartbeat.

Listening to Ashwin's heartbeat does magic on Sivaangi every single time and today wasn't an exception. She found herself calming down, his presence, scent and heartbeat clouding her senses, assuring her that she's safe.

After five long minutes, Sivaangi composed herself and pulled back from Ashwin to meet his worry-filled eyes. He winced when he saw her red puffy eyes. Instinctively, his hand raised to wipe the traces of tears on her cheeks before cradling her face between his palms.

"Ena achu Sivaangi?" Ashwin asked in a soft tone as his thumb stroked her cheek while his eyes studied hers.

"Ashwineyy..." Sivaangi trailed, a fleck of emotion flashed through her black orbs and her voice strained as her throat dried up from crying which Ashwin noticed.

"Iru, na ipo varen" Ashwin said trying to place Sivaangi down from his lap but she held onto him and shook her head sideways refusing to let him go. She needed his warmth to keep herself together.

"Unaku thanni eduka dhan di poren. Ipo vandhruven. Athuvara okanthru. Seriya? Vandhruven" Ashwin said in a soft tone assuring Sivaangi as he caressed her cheek who freed her hold on him with a distasteful look and nodded her head weakly.

Ashwin placed Sivaangi on the couch and moved towards the kitchen. He came back with a glass of water and saw her leaning against the couch; lost in her thoughts. He placed the glass on the coffee table and softly ruffled her hair.