Ashaangi TS Heart's Musings Pt III

Disclaimer

This story is a piece of fiction based on the author's imagination and has nothing to do with the actual life of the characters mentioned in the story. I have casted Ashwin Kumar and Sivaangi Krishnakumar as leads. Thank you.

~ * ~

Ashaangi TS Heart's Musings

Part Three

"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever" (500 Days of Summer)

Sivaangi closed her diary with a thud. Wiping her tears with a bitter smile, she shook her head and placed the diary on the bed next to her. Burying her face in her palms, she heaved a deep sigh.

Despite whatever happened, Ashwin remained to be a beautiful chapter in Sivaangi's life. He made her feel what no human has ever made her feel. Even after all these years, though she has managed to stay away from him, she knew in her heart that she loves him and will always do.

It wasn't easy. Sivaangi was broken by everyone including Ashwin's love. Sure, took her time to pick herself back and piece herself together but she did it and she had made terms with her life.

Placing the diary back inside her cupboard, Sivaangi closed that cupboard door and opened another one. She bent down to the lower section and pulled out a cloth. It was the dupatta which Ashwin used on the cultural day that she kept safe and unwashed.

Breathing in the material and wrapping it around her, Sivaangi walked out of her room and went to kitchen, washed her face in the sink and had a glass of water. Wiping her itchy tired eyes, she walked towards the balcony side.

As Sivaangi sat by the balcony door breathing in the dupatta and enclosing herself in its warmness, with a bitter smile she couldn't help but reminisce how they enjoyed themselves at the tour as best as they could and what happened post that. 

~ * ~

(Past)

Sivaangi still remember the time they sat down to watch 3 D show in amusement park at Ooty tour. They were seated side by side. Ashwin was shouting at the screen and enjoyed while Sivaangi was mum, overwhelmed and just smiled at the screen. As their seats were shaking, their fingers brushed couple of times.

Sivaangi's breath hitched when Ashwin grasped her finger in his when it brushed. They had their eyes on screen yet the smile and laughter in their face belonged to their moment. He only left her finger when the show end.

Even when they came back from the tour, they sat with each other on the bus. After that tour they did became close but then their friends and classmates started to gossip a lot. Their own friends spoke the whole thing in bad light and they only blamed Sivaangi for this, not Ashwin.

Few days after the tour when their gang decided to go to Rakshan's house to spend time as a gang, Sivaangi was the last one to come. Rakshan's mother let her in and asked her to meet her friends at upstairs.

Sivaangi climbed up humming a song in good spirits but froze on her spot when she saw her friends circled around Ashwin and speaking ill of her while he had his head down and remained mum.

"Ava panrathellam nee encourage panatha Ashwin. Unakum Meera kum dhan aprm prachana" Pari advised.

Sivaangi's eyes darted towards Ashwin from Pari and a part of her broke when Ashwin heaved a deep sigh and nodded. She knew he can't stand up for her in front of anyone. She knew she can't get upset at him for this but it still hurts.