It's my fault, I know I'm selfish; scream and yell, but I feel speechless

Notes:

Sorry for the wait again.
This is the longest chapter I've written so far, so I hope this makes up for the wait.
Let me know what you think and thank you to everyone who keeps reading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

It's my fault, I know I'm selfish; scream and yell, but I feel speechless

Quentin

He had been worried from the moment Laurel had called him to ask if he had heard anything from the Queen siblings. That they were supposed to be at the Bunker with them but never showed and couldn't be reached on their cell phones either. When she then went on to tell him, she couldn't reach her sister either, he had trouble keeping his emotions in check and out of his voice. His first born was already worried enough there was no need to let her know that he was terrified about what might have happened to his youngest now. His pregnant daughter couldn't be reached, neither could her roommate, who he presumed was the unborn child's father, or his sister. He would be very concerned under normal circumstances, even knowing that all three were quite capable of taking care of themselves even in dangerous situations, he had lost his baby too many times not to be, but knowing her current condition just amplified that concern and took it to a level he never knew even existed.

So, he told Laurel that he would go over to their place and check up on them. He had planned to visit them soon, anyway.

The drive over there felt like one of the longest of his life and it was very difficult for him to not go over the speed limit and stay concentrated on the road and not on all the countless possibilities of the type of situation he might end up encountering once he arrived at his destination. A couple of decades as a cop was not helpful in circumstances like this, he had seen too much to keep his imagination from painting all kinds of horrible, gruesome scenes involving his pregnant baby girl and both Queen siblings.

He parked the car and got up to the top floor in record time. He didn't know what he had expected to walk in to, but it wasn't an open door. Neither Sara nor Oliver would ever leave the entrance door to their home unlocked, even less open. And certainly not as wide as it was. It looked like someone had used a great deal of force and amount of strength to open it.

Had someone broken into their apartment? Had they been attacked? His years of being a member of the police force kicked in automatically and he started to analyze the possible crime scene, making sure not to touch or disturb any potential evidence. He carefully stepped inside, part of him wishing he were still carrying a firearm. He had only just stepped into his younger daughter's home, Sara's home, she had actually a place to call home for the first time since she got on that damn yacht ten years ago; he put the thought and any that could follow it, out of his mind for the time being, storing them to be analyzed later, when Thea Queen stepped into his sight, that Allen kid from Central City following her down the corridor and towards him.

He rushed towards her, his trained eyes checking her over for any signs of a struggle or injuries, all the while bombarding her with questions. The meaning behind her words only registering with him after he had ensured that she was in fact fine, like she told him. If Thea was fine and Oliver was fine... that meant Sara was the one who wasn't fine. Sara was the reason why no one had been able to reach the Queen's. Once the thought that something was seriously wrong enough with his daughter, that neither of the siblings would answer their phones, was processed in his mind, his parental instincts kicked in and he tried to get past Thea, to where he assumed his daughter was.