She hides away, like a ghost in a crowded place trying not to feel so alone

Notes:

I once again tried something here... not sure about it but yeah, well... it is what it is... lol

*******************************************************************************

Chapter 34

She hides away, like a ghost in a crowded place trying not to feel so alone

Thea

"She looks so fragile."

Kara's words hit Thea like a ton of bricks and let to her taking a step back after the uttered sentence. Fragile. Of course. That was the perfect word to describe Sara.

Fragile.

That was the word that had eluded her for months. The one she had been looking for from the moment Sara had first stepped into her and Laurel's apartment. It was so clear, so perfect, and Thea wondered why she hadn't thought of it before. But then again, it was the last word she would've ever thought she'd use to describe Sara Lance, the Canary, her sister in all but blood. Sara had been many things over the years, but fragile had never been one of them.

Until now.

Now she reminded her of one of the antique China Dolls her grandma used to have. They looked strong, unbreakable, and were all hard to the touch, but one wrong move would shatter them into a million pieces. Besides, she had always thought that they looked kind of sad... which was also very fitting. There always seemed to be a deep sadness behind the blonde's ocean blue eyes lately. Just like the China Dolls.

'Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall and all the king's horses, and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again.'

Was this Sara now? Was this how she felt and saw herself? As broken? Too broken to be put back together again? Was this the reason she refused to be in her baby's life? Had she and Laurel done this to her? Was this their fault? And if so, how could they fix it? How could they fix Sara? There had to be a way to help her, to ease some of her pain, right? To make her stay. This was all her fault. If she hadn't gone with Malcolm, if she had stayed here... none of this would've happened. Sara would've never died. And Laurel would've never had to use the Lazarus Pit to bring her sister back.

And Sara wouldn't be broken.

Sara who had been sitting at the bay window in the living room of her and Ollie's apartment, for the last couple of hours, watching the city outside. Away from everyone.

Thea wasn't sure whose idea it had been to have a Thanksgiving dinner, even less to invite Team Flash, including Kara and her sister. Unfortunately, Roy and his team couldn't make it. She had really hoped he would come too. But that's what they've done, and it had somehow been decided that it would be at her brother's place... no, not somehow, Sara had refused to go anywhere, and Ollie refused to leave her alone. Besides, Oliver and Sara's apartment had the most space aside from Felicity's place, and that had seemed like a terrible idea. Thea knew for a fact that her brother hadn't been back to the apartment in months and didn't plan on going back there. Too many bad memories. So, they ended up having the dinner here. Sara had stayed away, on the fringe of activity, watching but never taking any actual part in it, just like she has been doing during their family lunches and dinners.

Thea sometimes felt that she almost seemed like a ghost haunting the apartment.

She joined them for the actual dinner, reclaiming her place at Ollie's side. Moving her chair so close to his that there was almost no space between the two chairs. She had practically been sitting on his lap. And it had reminded Thea of that first afternoon at her and Laurel's place after Ollie and Sara had first come back home a good three months ago. Yet, she left his side and the table the moment they were done eating. Leaving the dining room and curling back up on the bay window seat in the living room.