How long will you demand my sympathy? It won't undo the life you've got

Notes:

Okay, so, I know the last chapter was a little different, I tried something... now were back to business as usual, lol.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

*******************************************************************************

Chapter 39

How long will you demand my sympathy? It won't undo the life you've got We all know hurt, the pieces won't pick up themselves

Oliver

Oliver grudgingly turned his phone back on, officially letting real life back in and giving up their sanctuary of the last four days. He would've loved to stay in the little bubble Sara and he had created after their impromptu wedding, but one; they couldn't stay in it forever and were already pushing it. Part of him was surprised that no one had barged into their apartment yet, looking for them, and two; Dinah was set to arrive today. So, their honeymoon was officially over. Well, they had almost another two hours before he'd have to go to pick Dinah up at the airport.

He looked at his phone and wasn't surprised about the sheer number of messages and missed calls. He sighed before starting to answer the texts, letting everyone know that he was okay, and Sara was okay, and the baby was okay. And that they just needed some time to figure some things out. It took less than five minutes from the moment he had sent a text to Thea to his phone ringing.

"Hey Speedy, how are you?" he had to grin at his sister's response of; 'How am I? I'm not the one who's been MIA for the last four days!', which was fair. He knew that she must have worried, and he felt a little guilty about the lack of explanation he had provided, when he had told them he would not be reachable for the foreseeable future. It hadn't been his intention to worry anyone. He had simply not wanted any interruptions while Sara and he figured out their new normal and what their choices meant for them.

That was understandable, right?

In the past, every time they had tried to figure out their relationship, tried to take it to the next step and move forward, outside forces had interrupted them. He hadn't wanted for that to happen again. This was too important. Sara and Mila were too important as to let some unexpected outside force interrupt the process of them figuring out how they were going to do this. What Sara's choice meant for them and what had let to her changing her mind and if she was sure about it. He didn't want her to feel obligated or pressured into it. He had just wanted to make sure that this was what she really wanted.

They had spent a lot of time talking during the last four days, about their hopes and dreams and about their fears. Fears about life in general and fears about Mila and raising her. They had come to the conclusion that they were both terrified that they would screw her up, that she would get hurt because of who they are. Sara was especially worried about her blood lust and what it might mean when it came to taking care of their daughter and her fear of hurting her because of it. They had even talked about him wanting to clear the air with Laurel again, calmly, both of them explaining their positions. Sara had eventually given in, after he had made her understand why it was so important to him to talk to her sister and provide her with his side of the events. She was still not happy about it, but she understood how important it was to him. He didn't want there to be any bad feelings because of unresolved issues between them and Laurel once Mila was born. He didn't want for their relationship to be strained, which could lead to the same between the relationship of Laurel and Mila and he didn't want that. Laurel was family, she was Mila's aunt. It was important that their daughter would not be subjected to the underlying tension that was currently between them and Laurel.