We′re trying to live good, though our heart bleeds

Part 57

We′re trying to live good, though our heart bleeds We want peace so we wear our hearts on our sleeve Trying to live right but triggers get the best of me Cuz it′s really hard to forget history

Lyla

Sara had called her a day ago, letting her know she and Oliver were reachable again. Asking her to hang out later that week, once her mother was staying with Laurel as she always did the last couple of nights before heading back to Central City, to talk. Because she had some important things to share with her. Lyla had to admit the blonde's words intrigued her and made her wonder what her friend wanted to entrust her with. There had already been several personal anecdotes and information the former assassin had shared with her during the last few months, to her utter surprise. Sara was just as private and tight-lipped about her past as Oliver, and yet she had chosen to share some of it with her. Lyla still wasn't sure what had made Sara trust her without her having to do anything to earn that trust. Knowing trust wasn't something the young woman gave easily.

Yes, she was intrigued by the rather vague remark. Intrigued, but not worried. Sara had sounded good. More than that. She had sounded happy, relaxed, almost... dare she say it, giddy... even though it was a word she usually wouldn't associate with her calm, collected and serious friend, never mind it being a word she wasn't particularly fond of to begin with. But still, it felt fitting somehow.

Lyla had been amused when she had received a text from Sara, more or less at the same time Johnny had received one from Oliver, almost as if the pair had done it on purpose. It honestly wouldn't surprise her if they had. Possibly debating her husband's likely reactions to their action. Yes, she could easily see them do this purposely for their personal amusement. She wondered if Sara was going to ask her about Johnny's reaction, if she did Lyla knew for sure that the simultaneous texts had been orchestrated.

There had been two major reasons for her amusement, one her husband's slight irritation that Sara was texting her at the same time Oliver was texting him, giving her the same importance Oliver gave her husband, questioning the need for both of them being informed when he could've let her know himself. She took no offence at that. She knew her husband and how he had meant it and that it was nothing personal. Simply a logical assumption and true, there had not really been a reason for both of them to be informed, even less since it was dinnertime and both of their friends knew they always spent it together unless there was an emergency. So one text would've sufficed.

He also didn't understand that had the pair decided only one of them needed to be informed, it probably would've been Sara letting her know about it. Not Oliver contacting Johnny. She loved her husband, but he currently had no clue about the significance of Sara having someone who wasn't her immediate family, or adopted little sister, who she needed to let know about a longer absence to keep them from worrying about her. And just how important this was for Sara. Having someone she had to let know in particular. Someone who wasn't as connected to Oliver as everyone else was, given the fact most of the people within their inner circle were closer associated with Oliver than Sara. Which made sense, given Sara's huge absences over the last few years, for different reasons, none at any fault of her own, but still...

It was important for her to know that there were people she needed to contact herself to let them know, people who would think it strange if Oliver would contact them in Sara's name. It would worry them more than having Sara contact them herself. Which was something Oliver was very aware of. He had the tendency to leave the room, if not the floor or even the apartment, whenever she came over. There had been some exceptions to that rule. Even so, there was always at least an hour that he made sure he was away to give them complete privacy. Those actions more than anything told her about the relationship Sara and Oliver had. Especially given the fact that she'd bet pretty much anything she had that those two had no secrets from the other, and if so, then not to purposely keep something from the other but because it hadn't come up or was too difficult to talk about. And yet, Oliver still made sure to put enough space between himself and the two of them that there was no way for him to overhear their conversations. Just like he always made sure they heard him come back from wherever he had been. And she knew first-hand how stealthily and noiselessly Oliver was able to move in even the most difficult terrain.