Let Them Eat Cake!

Five Days Later...

The sun peaked through the blinds, and I over heard laughter. I opened my eyes to a giggling toddler who then grabbed my nose.

"Ramsey, don't wake her up." Mom said.

"Good Morning, little one." I said as I ran my hair through his curls. Mrs. Velez stood Ramsey's up and he stood there at first and then started walking quickly and then fell.

"Its a work in progress." She said.

"Where's my mother? You two are usually together." I asked.

"She went to go and get a few things for Ramsey." She told me.

"A few?" I asked.

"A new tux, he's growing super fast. Just yesterday he was wearing ten months now, he's a 2T." She said.

"Aren't you glad I wasn't a baby." I teased and she playfully hit me with a towel.

"Dada, dada." Ramsey said as he sat there with his blocks and Krypto laid a few feet away from him.

"Good Morning all." Winn said stretching. He walked over to me and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Good Morning you. You were up late last night."

"Yeah, I was working on the cure for that patient whose facing over exposure to radiation." I lied.

"How's that going?" He asked me.

"Honestly, not good." I said as he rubbed my shoulders and frowned.

"You know what will make you feel better?" He asked me.

"Please say a my retirement plan is starting today." I whined.

"No, some of Mama's farina." Mom said as she handed me a bowl. I smiled.

"Please pack some to go. I would love to take breaks between cake and rehearsing." I said.

"I will, but do cheer up. You shouldn't get married with bags under those beautiful eyes." She said as she caressed my cheek. I sat down and Jude came downstairs.

"What's good party people." Jude said.

"We allowed you to skip school, not start a party." I joked.

"I know that. Besides my launch party is closer than I think. It's just one big event happening after another. My sister is getting married, my brother is growing up. Wow." Jude said.

"You right, big things are happening." Mom said.

"And we are here for every moment." Winn said sitting right next to me.

"Jude can you put Ramsey in the high chair." She asked him and the door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Winn said.

"I could've gotten it." I said.

"Too slow." He said as I zoomed passed him to the door.

"Whose too slow now?" I asked as I stuck out my tongue at him and he laughed. I opened the door to My mother and father. "Glad both of you can make it to the cake tasting."

"Well I am a sucker for sweets." My Father said.

"Yes, yes. Now where is the big boy?" My Mother asked.

"Jude just sat him in the high chair and Mom made breakfast." I said.

"It smells good Alessandra." My Mother said.

"Thank you. It took time perfecting it, just the way these kids like it. Not to nutmeg -ish, not to cinnamon -ish, just perfect." Mom said.

"I am going to get dressed." I said.