Wedding Planners

Nala's Perspective...

I rubbed my eyes and looked at the blinding sun, I looked away from the sun and reached for a pair of sunglasses. I put them on and looked around. Winn was sound asleep, I slowly got out of the bed and changed out of his shirt and put on my clothes for work. I texted Winn so he knew where I went. I arrived at L-CORP and went to my floor, it was completely done. The contractor finished installing the front desk.

"Ah, it's you. Ms. Velez we hope everything is to your standards." He said.

"You guys did amazing. Really, it is just as I envisioned." I said.

"Great, just sign here." He said as I picked up the pen, I noticed something.

"Sir, it says that this project was gifted by anonymous." I said.

"Yeah, is there a problem?" He asked.

"Well, when originally signing these papers it said that it will be paid by L-Corp." I said.

"Oh, yeah... about that. A guy called and he said that he was really moved by you passion and power that he would feel absolutely guilty if he didn't pay for it. Considering what you have been through, and taking into account that you should be planning for your wedding." He said as I signed the papers.

"Did the guy give you a name?" I asked.

"Nope." He said as I got nervous. 

"Well if any constellation," I said pulling out my check book and filled in it for twenty grand, "your company's lunch is on me. You guys deserve it." I handed it to him and walked away.

"Ma'am," He caught up to me, "you sure?" 

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "You guys made a little girl who would constantly dream of this very happy. So yes, take it and invest in your company or even get everyone lunch." I said as he smiled, and I patted his shoulder, nodded and walked away. I sat at my desk and all the scientist filtered in. Elliot knocked on my door, I nodded and he came in.

"First of all, congratulations on your promotion and thank you for mine." He said.

"Honestly Elliot, when I first met you I thought you were a stalker but you aren't, you're a really sweet guy and extremely smart as well. So if you asked me who was more deserving of the job, it would be you." I said.

"Thank you. Secondly, so what exactly do I do?" He asked.

"Well its quite simple. I give you the daily report, which I will in a few. Then we, together round up the team. Have a little heart to heart, brainstorm revolutionary ideas, and ultimately save lives. Soon this department will be in contact by NASA." I said as I began reading the emails.

"Wait formal?" He asked.

"Yes, in fact they have asked us out of many science departments, to come up with a rocket fuel that does not contain the following, carbon, natural gases, and fossil fuels. Essentially environment friendly." I said.

"Ok, wait so do you.." He began to ask.

"Read emails, decide whether or not we conduct trials, read over lab reports, determine success rate, and over see essentially everyone and report back to Lena... yes, yes I do." I said.

"But don't you.." He began to ask.

"Have a wedding to plan, yes. That too." I said.

"So do you need help?" He asked.

"That's exactly why I have you as Chief of Intelligence. I ever so need a VP, being the President of Science in this building is, wow." I said.

"Ok, so I basically, I do the reading?" He asked.