Present Day 2019

Buzz Buzz. Buzz Buzz. Buzz Buzz. I smacked my alarm clock. I sat up in my bed and looked at the clock. It was only seven in the morning, I got up and got dressed for the day, it was my first day at L-Corp and I did not want to mess anything up. My phone rang and I answered it.

"Hello Mom." I answered.

"Hey honey are you ready for the big day?" She asked me.

"Of course. And I will have just enough time to pick Jude up from school if he wants." I said.

"I want!" He shouted. My Mom laughed.

"Anyways that's not why I called. I wondered if we could have lunch together?" She asked.

"Ah..." I said shuffling around my lab pages to find my work ID. "..umm....I'm sorry..", I stopped moving papers and put on my glasses, "what? I'm looking for my work ID."

"Honey breathe. Your badge is probably clipped on to your jacket." She said. I looked down and breathe with ease.

"You are a life saver." I said.

"Knock em dead today kid." My Dad said.

"Thanks Dad." I said.

"He should've been at work five minutes ago and your brother will be five minutes late if neither one gets out the door." She said as we chuckled.

"Well I got to get going see you at one?" I asked.

"You bet." She said.

"Super. Love you." I said.

"Love you too." She said as I hung up. I walked out of my house and into my car. About thirty minutes later I arrived at work. I got to work and bumped shoulders with a blonde girl.

"I'm sorry." I said but it seemed like she had a lot on her mind. It felt like I knew her from somewhere but I'm not sure if I did. I got into the lab and started working.

Three hours in..

Uhm... these chemicals aren't mixing correctly. It's missing something. Ah sulfate. I said to myself in my head. A guy in a black suit walked towards me.

"Ms. Luthor will see you now." The man said sternly.

"Ok." I said removing my rubber gloves and throwing them out. I placed my jacket on the rack. I rode in the elevator to the top. Must be nice to have a building in your name let alone own it. The elevator dinged and doors opened. There was the double glass doors. I stood there, and waited. The guy cleared his throat.

"What? Do I knock, Do I walk in?" I asked.

"Come in." A voice said.

Lena Freaking Luthor

Lena Freaking Luthor. The woman who personally picked me for the job. Wow she is stunning, am I having a fangirl freak out over my boss?

"Please sit." She said. And I sat in the office chair across from her.