Stepping Up

Buzz buzz buzz. "Gooooooodd Morning National City!" I hit the alarm. I got out of bed with the worst headache ever and I know I cannot get drunk. I stood up and fell on the floor. My Dad ran in the room.

"Nala?" He called out to me.

"Yeah, I got lightheaded that's all." I said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"Are you sure you are ok to go to work?" He asked.

"Yep, it's nothing big to be done today. Just to pick up and drop and I get to meet new friends." I said.

"Well come and get some breakfast." He said as I nodded. I got dressed and went downstairs, I tucked in my white shirt into my black jeans and threw on my blue and black flannel. I ate breakfast and dropped my brother off to school. I went to L-Corp, I pushed the doors in to the main lobby. It felt like all the oxygen left my body, I got into the elevator and sat on the floor. Each floor passing I was able to see straight through the door. I closed my eyes and like every other superpower showing up out of the blue counted backwards from five as if my mom was holding my hand. I stood up and gathered my thoughts together. I exited the elevator and was personally greeted by Lena and the same girl with the blonde hair that bumped into me.

"Oh." I said as I adjusted my glasses.

"I would've given you the things to drop off at CatCo but you best friend, Kara Danvers had asked to interview you." Lena said.

"If you don't mind?" Kara asked.

"Yeah sure." I said as Kara joined me in the elevator.

"I'll see you girls later." Lena said.

"Ok." We said as we went through the gray double door elevator. There was a bit of uncomfortable silence. "I'm Nala Velez." I held out my hand, she shook it and said, "Kara Danvers. Lena has told me so much about you. It's awesome that you are coming for game night." She said as she pushed her glasses up. We exited the elevator and drove to CatCo. We went to Kara's office and I sat on her couch and she sat at her desk.

"Ok, I have a lead on that story that we mentioned yesterday." A girl with dark hair said.

"Ah... Nia. Can it wait?" She asked.

"Um.. not really. Sorry." Nia said.

"Ok, and Nia this is Nala." Kara said as a guy walked over.

"Since we are doing introductions, I'm James." He said.

"Nice to meet you guys." I said and gave a small smile.

"James could you give her a tour so Nia and I could talk?" She said.

"Sure." He said as I stood up and walked with James.

Nia's Perspective...

"So about my Dream. She was in it." I said.

"Do you think she's dangerous?" Kara asked me.

"No. I'm unsure if she's scared or running from something." I said.

"I caught her the other day, well almost caught her." She said.

"Well do you think she's like you?" I asked.

"I doubt she's Kryptonian maybe Daxamite like Mon-El." She said.

"I guess." I said as I walked out of her office and to my desk.

Nala's Perspective...

"Wow. That's a crazy way to become a CEO of a company. She sounds like a piece of work." I said.