Up, Up and Away

The morning has came around after a night of partying, proposals and mild drinking I woke up with a headache. I carried my heavy body through the hallway as I peaked in a guest room to seen my parents and the other room to see Jude and my other mom. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Own even rolling my eyes is giving me a headache. I went downstairs, almost missing several steps, but I safely flew down the steps. I got the last of the red cups hanging around and threw it out. I put the left over Al's concoctions in the refrigerator and wrote Winn a note. I made coffee with the Keurig Kara got us and I went back upstairs and got dressed and headed to work. Even though it tasted as good as Noonan's, I was ready to do nothing more but sleep.  I got to my lab and thought about my parents. I then began to make communication devices similar to the one Winn and Jude has, Lena knocked on the door.

"Marian, let Lena in please." I said.

"Ok." Marian said.

"I thought you weren't coming in." She pointed out.

"Yeah, I did say that. But here I am." I said with a change in octaves.

"What happened?" She asked grabbing the desk chair and sat next to me.

"All this emotional stuff. My parents coming from completely across the galaxy after telling my aunt that they don't make the effort to see me so why bother. For the moment it's a lot." I said as my Dad (Mr. Velez) called.

"We could talk later if you want? You know where to find me, and I'm here for you." She said as I nodded while she exited. I answered the phone,

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Mom sent photos and videos of the house. It's beautiful." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"And congratulations on the engagement." He said.

"Thank you, it means a lot." I said. Then there was nothing but complete silence.

"What's wrong kiddo?" He asked.

"My parents came into town last night, during the house warming." I said.

"Wow, where were they?" He asked.

"Argo city, or Argo now. It was a city on Krypton, now it's a reformed planet." I said.

"Why don't you sound happy? Are you not happy?" He asked.

"I am." I said.

"But?" He said.

"But," I took off my glasses, "I wish, that day, week, month, year they would've contacted me, came down to see if I was ok."

"I know. But think about it this way, even though it happened but didn't just yet. Giving your kid instructions, and sending them away for safety reasons or in your case to search for something." He said. I thought about Mary, I still cannot believe I sent her to what is considered the past for her. That's a big ask, but still, she had contact with Winn and he was able to check on her.

"Still even so, I had no means of communication with them. I don't know." I said.

"Hear them out, invite them for coffee." He said.

"Alright. I'm pretty sure I've said this but, thank you. I mean it." I said.

"You're welcome. See you Christmas and talk to you later." He said.

"Later." I said as awe hung up. I continued working on it, and started finishing the last of the wiring. I texted my moms and asked them to join me for coffee on my break and I texted my mom separately and asked if they can elaborate on why did they send me here with no communication. I tested the devices and made sure that they work and they do. It allows them to see the time of National City, science news, the news and call, text, hologram call, and FaceTime. I walked to Noonan's, yes walked and not flew, I placed my order and went upstairs in the seating area. My mom, mom and dad were there.