Abducted

Jude's cheeks where puffed and said "Yeah. I rather had gotten punched than have my alien sister save the day. Sometimes in high school you have to roll with the punches. I might not be indestructible like you, but I can take a punch." He slammed his locker and walked away. I ran my hand over my face.

"Oh my stars." I said as I walked to my car. I drove to L-Corp and did the usual, threw myself into my work. Winn texted me.

iMessage My Love

W: I took Mary to your mom's. Want to grab lunch?
Sure, sounds amazing. Well needed at that.
W: I'll bring sushi and we can talk about it.

I felt angry tears start to build up in my eyes, I slammed my hand on the table leaving a crater of the pen in the steal table. My mom started to call me, I wiped my eyes and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, honey. I heard what happened between you and Dad and then you and Jude. I'm sorry these guys are hard headed." She said.

"No it's fine. Really, I'm ok." I said.

"No your not. You're at your lab aren't you?" She asked.

"Yes." I said defeated.

"I knew it. It isn't fair, you're thrown into this superhero business, while maintaining a job that can create medical and scientific advances, raising a child you didn't know you'd have yet. You would be pretty stressed out." She said.

"Your not wrong. It is a lot to bear, but I'm dealing with it. I have lunch in a few, I'll see you at thanksgiving." I said.

"Ok. Love you." She said.

"Love you more." I said.

"Love you the most. And sorry again that this is happening before thanksgiving." She said as she hung up the phone. Winn tapped on the glass and I took off my coat.

"What's with the long-ish face?" He said as we waited for the elevator.

"I just feel the literal weight on my shoulders you know. My Dad is going back into the air force sometime this week, Jude and I aren't on great terms, the whole macho high school thing. The Drexel thing." I said as we got on to the elevator and Winn kissed my forehead.

"Well maybe we can leave Mary at your mom's and we could catch a couples massage." He said.

"I'd like that." I said as the elevator stopped and the lights flickered. The elevator then shifted and one of the chords snapped. The building shook, I stood still. Winn reached for the camera and disabled it and I tried to stay in the middle.

"I've never been in this situation." I said as I put the ring on and gave Winn my glasses and the suit came on. "Tie the cables or just.. nevermind." I flew out the fire escape I grabbed the elevator by the emergency door and pulled it up toward the cable. I smelted the cable back with the snapped pieces of cable.

"Nice job." Winn said.

"I'm going to check on the emergency power." I said as he nodded. I closed the hatch and flew, I got to Lena's floor. I looked in her office. "Lena?" I called out as two cyborgs busted through the glass window one slammed me into the shelves the other grabbed me by my neck, I head butted it and the "face" shield dented. He then slammed me on her desk which broke in half. I winced at the impact. I grabbed the other cyborg by it's ankle and flung it towards the balcony he fell over it and the other cyborg hand started glowing red against my neck. I started to suffocate my vision started going black and I passed out.

Winn's Perspective...

The elevator was running and the doors opened to a very perplexed Lena.