Christmas Without You

Jude's Perspective...

I haven't stopped receiving get well soon cards from my friends, teachers and one specific girl from my school. I sat at the dining room table, my parents and her parents haven't said a single word just yet as I ate my cereal in an uncomfortable silence.

"To be very clear. I am the same boy that are in these photos." I said and everyone snapped out of a trance.

"No we know." Dad said.

"It's just we haven't really gotten to know Nala like we should've." Mrs. Vel-Tem said.

"Yeah, like she was extremely accurate when it came to finding you. Which is surprising." Mr. Vel-Tem said.

"Not to me. She keeps promises and she is an amazing scientist and a amazing sister. I glad you guys sent her here and she was able to be a part of this family." I said as I then took my last spoonful of cereal and drank the milk. I placed my bowl in the sink and grabbed my house keys.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"To go see my sister. Just like she didn't give up on me, I'm not giving up on her. It's Christmas Eve and my only Christmas gift I want is for her to stay and wake up." I said as I walked out the house and I ran into the girl. The one specific girl I was talking about. Her name is Catherine Quinzel, she just turned sixteen and yes sadly she is related to Arkham City's most famous doctor that went psycho, Harley Quinn. She looks like she hasn't slept a wink.

"Jude?" She said and I froze.. even with tiredness in her eyes she's still beautiful. She wrapped her arms around my torso. "Thank the heavens you are alright."

"Hey. Thanks for the card." I said as she started blushing.

"You're welcome. Also, Merry Christmas." She said.

"Hey wait, how'd you know where I live?" I asked her.

"I got into the principals files. I also got a weeks suspension but it was worth it." She said.

"That's... I've never had anyone do that for me before. I appreciate it." I said as the back of my neck started to heat up.

"Well, it was my pleasure." She said. I looked up and there was mistletoe hanging.

"Ah. Cathy." I said as she looked up, we chuckled. She fiddled with her fingers and I kissed her on the cheek. She then grabbed my face and kissed me.

"You're an out of this worldly person Jude Sebastian Velez." She said.

"Would you like to go to that dance in February?" I asked.

"I'd love too." She said and her eyes light up and she smiled from ear to ear and walked away. That couldn't have happened. Am I dreaming. I've got to tell Nala. I then made sure no one was around and flew off into the DEO. I went right in and held Nala's hand and said a quick prayer.
"He's not Rao, just an equivalent. You'll never guess what happened today. I had my first kiss. I know pretty impressive." I continued to talk for hours on end and the Felicity stopped in.

"Oh, Oliver wasn't kidding when he said you're all grown up." She said as we hugged. She turned her attention towards Nala. "Hmm. This is not supposed to happen. She should've been awake by now." Felicity said as she pulled the blanket back, only to unveil that she still has traces of the poison in her body. "Three syringes should've fixed all of this."

"She's not gonna make, it is she?" I asked.

"Let's not think that way. She presently here but not presently active. She's listening, her brain waves are phenomenal and she is breathing, clearly. It's only a matter of time."  She said.