House Warming

I have finished Milk and Honey yet again and decided to go to the supermarket to buy food and drinks for the event that is twenty three hours away. And cold cuts, leftover potstickers and pizza will not cover the house warming. So I went to the Costco's and grabbed food and drinks to stock the refrigerators and chest freezer. I went to walk back to my car and I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I looked around, I don't see any guys in suits. Winn could meet me here but he would've called first. I closed my trunk after I finished loading it. Alura was standing behind me.

"It couldn't be." I said in disbelief.

"It is." She said as I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"It's been so long." I said not becoming teary eyed.

"Too long, last time I've seen you, you and Kara were chasing around Kal-El." She said.

"Yeah." I said, I have so many questions for her but there is only one that sticks out in my mind. "Are my parents still alive?"

"They are." She said. I froze for and I can't believe after all this time they have never, not once, came down to see me.

"Well that's good. Really." I said as I pulled my keys out of my pocket.

"Nala, I know you're probably confused or even a tad bit upset," She said.

"Upset? Me? Never." I said.

"I can tell. But it's not that they haven't cared. They aren't able to find the time, they joined the  service or the equivalent to the army here or cops." She said.

"Ok, yeah. Well, nice seeing you again, Aunt Alura." I said as I got in my car. "Oh and tell them I'm fine, I bought a house, I've finished college, I'm a brilliant scientist and I'm saving the world one day at a time. Also, I'm having a house warming party feel free to stop by Aunt Alura, tomorrow at 5pm." I then handed her a paper that I scribbled the address on. I got home and put all the groceries away and sat on the couch, I heard footsteps come down the stairs. I turned on the tv and started watching Baby Driver. Winn kissed my cheek and my temple, he sat next to me.

"What's got you angry?" He asked.

"My parents, their alive. But they haven't seen me at all." I said.

"What if they have? You have all this stuff, you sure they haven't been keeping tabs on you?" He asked.

"I don't know. I'm just gonna go to bed." I said as I got off the couch.

"Not hungry?" He asked.

"No." I said, as I walked down the hallway of empty rooms and went into our room. I stared at the sapphire colored walls. I got in the shower and then diffused my hair a little bit so it won't wet my pillow, I climbed in the bed, getting over dorc is a lot. Even though Kara and Lena created the medicine even getting things done is energy burning. I curled up in the bed and close my eyes, Winn climbed in the bed behind me and pulled me close to my chest and closed the gap between us.

Winn's Perspective...

It was around seven in the morning, I got out of the bed slowly because Nala is motion sensitive. I went downstairs and made waffles, omelettes or at least tried and turkey sausages. I started cutting bananas, strawberries and mangoes. I grabbed the blender, I didn't want to turn it on just yet, I put some coconut water, yogurt and a tablespoon of sugar. I put the fruit in the blender and put the quiet shield on it and turned it on.

Nala's perspective...

I was woken up to the sound of a blender and I chuckled and shook my head. I got up and put on a red sweater, blue jeans and my black converse. I thought I was fine but I forgot about the curly mess on my head. I took care of that with mousse to create the wet look and went down stairs to Winn just wearing his pajama pants. He poured me a smoothie and handed me my plate and he looked kind of upset.