Why Are They Here?

Nala's Perspective...

I woke up, but I wasn't feeling the greatest. I got out of bed and fell to the ground. I looked up and saw this red thing from the memory in front of me.

"What did you do to me?" I asked.

"What I should've done when we first came in contact. Where is the boy?" The alien asked me. 

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said looking up at it. She grabbed me by my head and threw me into the wall. I winced at the impact. "Where is the boy?"

"I don't know." I said as I tried to stand up. She grabbed me and threw me out of the window. I landed on the stone brick road. She then proceeded to punch me and then she stabbed me with a piece of glass in my arm. I screamed out in pain and fear, how can normal everyday things hurt me? She was about to slit my throat when we both heard a growl. "Ambrose don't do it."

"Leave her alone." Ambrose said bumping down. Winn arrived holding a gun.I was laying there and she was standing over me. This other red alien was there with a scar over the eye., he looked at her and they nodded head and next thing I knew her hand was in my chest. I gasped for air and Ambrose charged at her and she fell over and was no more. I was trying to absorb the sunlight from any plants nearby, it wasn't working. Ambrose chased after the other red alien. Winn came over to me, "Babe, come on." He said.

"No, go stop Ambrose. I'll be fine." I said as I laid there.

"But you are bleeding out. I'm not leaving you, you won't die here." He said.

"I'm not dying anywhere. Go save him." I said as he nodded and left. I laid on the ground, I waited for the sun to rise. Lydia stayed with me and sang a lullaby in Greek.

Five hours later...

The sun shining down on me. I am surrounded by children.

"Mommy, mommy she's awake." A little girl with brown curly hair said.

"She has pretty eyes." A little boy with brown curly hair said.

"Mommy why is she on the ground?" A little girl and little boy with straight brown hair said in unison.

"Alright alright children." Lydia said shooing them away. "Alex, you have soccer to attend. Noah, you have swim. Ava and Jess you girls have ballet to get ready for." I sat up.

"Cute kids." I said.

"Thank you. All at once if you're wondering. Makes it easier for birthdays now but when they get older." She said.

"Where are?" I asked.

"Upstairs." She said as we went upstairs in her house. Bren was sound asleep and Winn was on the floor, scrolling on his phone. He looked up and hugged me.

"Told you I'd be fine." I said.

"No you were half dead." He said.

"Well partially true but mostly false." I said.

"Ugh get a room." Ambrose said.

"Well shall we?" Winn said.

"This vacation was nice while it lasted. Sorry we didn't get to hang out Lyd." I said.

"It's no problem. I know you'll be back. Here's the keys to that house. Anytime you want to come have a get away, it's yours." She said as handed me the keys.

"Geez I'm not sure what to say." I said.

"I could hug you." Ambrose said as he slowly got up.

"Anyways come join us for lunch before you go." She implied and I nodded.

"So, young man." Winn said.

"What do you want to be addressed as?" I asked.

"We can pick a whole new name or we could keep the old one or..." Winn started.

"No. Just call me Brenden or Bren. But my earth name is Brenden Ambrose Schott and my Kryptonian name is Bren Tem. I'm proud of the name." Bren said.

"Ok." I said as I hugged him.

"Well should we go back and pack up?" Winn asked.

"Well no since it is our house now. Maybe just the suits." I said as I tapped on my ring.

"See I should really consider putting my suit in a ring." Winn said as Bren chuckled. We stayed for lunch and got a ride back to the airport. Bren looked back at the beautiful city of Athens and seen his old house in the distance.

"I'm gonna miss this place." He said as I handed him his passport. "What's this?"

"A passport they use it to scan it when you go through TSA." I said.

"What's TSA?" He asked and Winn chuckled.

"You've never been on vacation?" Winn asked as he shook his head no.

"Well if whenever we can... we'll take you on more trips." I said as we got off the escalator. I heard a whisper, it spoke to me in kryptonese. I looked around.

"You ok?" Bren asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said. We went through TSA and we where all set and we had to go to gate a. We sat down and waited for the plane. Bren's breathing started to change.

"Are you ok?" Winn asked.

"There's a lot of people here." He said.

"There was a lot of people at TSA too." I said.

"No. There's too many, the sounds are so loud." He said as he covered his ears with his hands. His hands started to change.

"Hey, hey look at me and breathe." I said as he opened his eyes. "It's ok, just focus on my voice."

"I can't." He said.

"Forget the airport noise, just focus." Winn said.

"I don't know how too." He said.

"Look at me and focus. Breathe in and out and count to ten." I said. He stared at me and did just that, he counted and then he placed his hands on his lap.  He looked at me and nodded. He sat back and the plane pulled up. It was time for boarding and we got first class just incase anything were to happen. Bren sat in his seat which was right beside mines.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"So far, nervous about take off." He said.

"You've never flew before?" Winn asked.

"No my abilities are inhibited by these abilities." He said.

"Attention all passengers we are currently prepared for take off so please enjoy the safety briefing." The pilot said. Bren put his seatbelt on but his skin was turning pink. Winn and I looked at each other and Winn quickly went over to him.

"Here take this." He said giving Bren a white pill. He took it and drank water and closed the bottle and went to sleep quickly. We took off, Sorry Greece but this boy is mine. I placed my headphones in my ear and closed my eyes. There was this blonde lady with this white leather suit and this guy made of all steel. They were trying to get to me and then I was in this box full of water. I opened my eyes and Winn was over me, "Babe, do you want peanuts?"

"Ahh no. I'm good thanks. Hey how long was I out?" I asked.

"A wapping fourteen hours." Bren said.

"Thought you were dead. He's doing pretty well now." Winn said.

"I just watched Moana and I have to say, what a great movie." Bren said.

"We'll be landing in California in just about three hours." The pilot said.  Ugh I cannot wait to go home.