3|| Enderian

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, PANIC ATTACK, GRAPHIC TORTURE, DEREALIZATION

I will put a warning in before the derealisation section, I understand that it is a very serious mental issue having studied it myself. Please don't force yourself to read it if you feel like it could be bad for your mental health or bring up negative past experiences. 

There will also be another waterboarding torture scene. This will be the main kind of torture used by Schlatt in this fanfic. Once again sections that you may want to skip will be sectioned off by a double line like the example below. 

==============================
what you don't want to read
===============================

Stay safe and be smart! Know your limits <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I asked you to name all the things you love, how long would it take before you name yourself?

~~~~ Dream's P.O.V ~~~~

Rain buckets down from the sky and I pull the hood of my cloak lower over my mask. Time seems to drip slowly but also rush past at a speed I don't understand. I sigh and lean against the cold brick wall of the alleyway and look out at the street. 

Young children run through the rain to get indoors or they stay outside and jump in the puddles scattered about in the small town square. Most of the children were dressed in too-big clothes, no doubt hand-me-downs from neighbours or older siblings. Other kids were dressed in clothes that were far too small; other kids were dressed in rags. 

I look away from the children and fix my gaze on the homeless man pressed against the side of another brick building, trying his best to stay dry. This village was one of the poorest I've seen. It had been switched over to a new government system after the Dark Army invaded. It was one of the few villages that weren't burned down on the spot. 

I checked my watch, my contact was late and I wanted to get out of this shitty rain. It made everything here even more miserable. Y/N would have disagreed. She would be right in the rain playing with the children. She would have been braver than I. She would have bought lots of food from the baker and given it to the children to take home to their parents and to the homeless man across the street. 

She was incredible like that. It's hard to imagine that the SMP used to be similar before Y/N came and changed things. The SMP was never poor, but it certainly was gloomy. Like the new leader of this village, I use to only served my own ideals. It was disgusting to think about now. 

Hearing the small splashes of footsteps behind me, I turn around and see a man standing behind me in the alleyway. Unlike the people in the village, he was dressed finely in a good leather coat and was holding an umbrella. 

"Sad weather, isn't it?" he says. I immediately know he's my contact. 
"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella," I reply finishing the code. 

"Why did you come to meet with me?" the wealthy man asked. 
"I heard you could put me in touch with somebody incredibly powerful." He knew right well what I was like, or rather my image. To the world, I appeared to be a man who is driven by his need for power. Exactly what the Dark Army was looking for. 

"Why should I tell you anything?" the wealthy man tested. 
"Because I want to be on the right side of history," I told him just what he wanted to hear. The man hums and bows his head in thought before answering. 
"Alright, should my organisation take you on, you'll receive a letter shortly," and with that, he turned on his heel and walked back down the alleyway.