48 || Time Away

TW: SWEARING, YELLING

Also, this chapter is quite short and a bit of a filler. (try to make it longer bitch)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hard short thumps on my forehead are what wake me. I squeeze my eyes tightly and yawn trying to wake up a little. Cosette eyes me for a moment and then pecks me again. 

"I'm awake," I whisper to her. She startles and flutters to the lamp on my bedside table. The sun has yet to rise and Dream's arms are firmly wrapped around my waist. I sigh quietly not wanting to leave him so early, but I had a lot to do today. 

Carefully, I slip out of his grasp stifling another yawn as I do so. Once I'm sitting Cosette roosts on my shoulder and I tiptoe out of the room. I had asked her last night to wake me before dawn on a whim, I had no idea that it would actually work. I suppose my gifts from Artemis are getting stronger. 

I make it to my room and slip into the clothes I had left out for myself last night. 

A/N: Image of Jessica Chastain from The Huntsman Winter's War (never seen it any reviews?)

I settle my crown on my head, check my emerald earring and grab my favourite cloak. I smile when I see the flag on the back. It used to be the Anarchist Commune flag, but not it was the flag of the rebellion. A white satin fabric strip ran the length of my cloak with gold satin trim. In the centre, gold wings, the symbol of the rebellion. 

I wasn't going to wear a uniform, but Michael wanted me to at least have the flag. I cannot say no to that sweet child.  

With my cloak snugly on my shoulders, I head downstairs and into the kitchen. I wrap an apple, cheese and some bread in a cotton wrap and go back to the door and pull on my boots. From the basement, I grab my axe and set it in its place on my back. 

I open the door to leave and Cosette flies right out of it. I sigh as she perches on the verandah railing. 

"Cosette you can't come, it's not safe," I tell her and open the door wide for her to fly back inside. I jump when I hear a caw. I look over and see the crow Cosette has befriended. I frown knowing that I'm not going to win a battle with one of Phil's crows. Stubborn little shits. 

"Fine," I relent and stride to the stables. I saddle Percy quickly and slip my food into the saddlebag. I smile amused as Percy yawns along with me. It was early for both of us. 

We ride, with Cosette and a crow flying above us, for hours. We cut through the SMP and it's strange to see it so empty and quiet. We pass tired night shift soldiers and guards and hit the long road to the edge of our borders.

As I ride, the sun rises ahead of us. I welcome the new day and hope it will be easier than yesterday and the day before that and the day before that. Lorelei and Myles would nearly be at the border by now. They were bringing our friends to help us fight.