50 || East and West

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIRE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE

(I just love this armour I found for Y/N it looks like Netherite it's so perfect gaaahhh)

Just a short chapter for today guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at the flames that engulfed most of the village buildings, I found myself glad we had evacuated this place long ago. Towns and villages on the front lines suffered the worst in the fighting. They were the first we evacuated, sending them to L'Manburg and then on boats to a faraway coast; away from Schlatt's influence. 

When the battlefield looks like this, I feel both big and small. Small next to the towering flames, booms from TNT in the distance. Big because I was untouchable, I was yet to meet an enemy that was a challenge to beat. In the beginning, I struggled, but then I realised Schlatt had trained them all to fight in the same way. I could exploit the same weaknesses over and over, we made it a part of the training for our soldiers. Look for weaknesses; patterns, anything that can be predicted and use it against them. 

I shift uncomfortably in my armour as the stink of blown sulfur burns my nostril hairs. Looking down I notice how the white fur trims at the bottom of my cloak had been muddied again. I sigh adjusting my grip on my axe and climb through the rubble back to Quackity. 

He waves to me as I approach. He always stood out like a sore thumb on the battlefield, nobody else wore a red tie or a beanie in the fighting. But it wasn't like he fought with me and the soldiers. Quackity is one of the many brains of our organisation. Between him and Fundy, I couldn't have asked for a better logistics team. 

"The prisoners are ready to move," he grins slinging his pickaxe over his shoulder triumphantly, his blind white eye gleaming. I don't understand why he fights with a pickaxe, but if it works it works. 

"Get them out of here Big Q, and say 'hi' to Sam for me," we grip hands with a mutual victorious grin before he stalks off back to the long train of prisoners. They were cuffed together by their hands and ankles in iron chains. He shouts something to the generals up the front and they start the slow march back to the prison. 

Since the prison had finished it was a real blessing for us. Sam, Bad and Antfrost are amazing at keeping everything in order. They only took the most specialised soldiers to become guards and the training process was extensive and well thought out. 

I sling my axe over my back and stretch my arms above my head. It had been a long morning and it was nearly noon now. I roll my eyes as my stomach growls causing the voices to whine at me. 

"I'm hungry too guys, relax," I say flopping my arms back down to my sides. 

I smile when I see Ranboo is already waiting for me by our horses. I almost giggle at the sight of Percy in armour, it was not something I could ever get used to. The giant draft horse who is sweet, lazy and loves food is now dressed for war in glittering Netherite and gold armour that matched my axe. Eret had it welded especially for me. 

"Ready to go when you are," Ranboo hands me Percy's reigns. 

"I'm starving," I state and swing myself into the saddle. 

"I could go for some chorus fruit," Ranboo looks at me cheekily. I laugh remembering the hell we had been through to try and get the damn plant to grow. I was thankful that Kritana had given me enough to work with so I could fail a few trials. 

The fruit was specialised to grow in the End, so trying to get it to grow in the overworld was a huge pain in the ass. Ranboo was there with Michael on the day I finally got it to take root in the fat pot that now sat in the shade of the back verandah. We had cheered so loud. It feels strange eating the fruit again, I hadn't eaten it since we lived in the city. But it was nice to have new memories of the fruit. Memories better than the