41 || Barganing || Part 2

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIRE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, TRAUMA, SHOCK

I wrote this hastily, sorry for any errors I was very excited to get this out :) <3

If you find any feel free to point them out and I'll fix them up next time I update :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't expect the darkness to vanish when the door slammed shut. I leapt out of my skin and clapped my hands over my ears trying to drown out the sound. I squeezed my eyes shut to block away this place. This truly was limbo, the stuff of nightmares. 

The was as hot as it was in the real world, if not hotter. The screaming was louder too. The smell of burning flesh and smoke and tumbling buildings thicker and trying desperately to choke me. The amour I was wearing was gone, replaced by clothes I burned when I got to L'Manburg all those months ago. 

 I need to find Tommy. 

I force my eyes open and everything crashes into me at once. People rush past me pushing and screaming, some fall into the flames and continue to agonise as their bodies burn. Somewhere a lonely child screams. 

I didn't expect the world to slow down as it did or for it to spin at the same time. I did expect the thickness in my chest and the dryness in my mouth. I expected tears to prick the corners of my eyes but instead, they stayed dry too.  I couldn't move, couldn't think. I didn't expect to freeze.

This was something I never thought about, something I refused to think about. I pushed it as far back as I pushed the city and never gave it an inch. But here it was in front of me. Where my life ended and began in the most sickeningly poetic way possible. 

My village. Burning.

 A woman bumps into me and pushes me to the ground as she runs away. I don't feel any impact as I hit the ground. I didn't expect the people would be able to touch me. 

Somebody else stomps on my leg forcing me to bite my tongue. I keep biting and close my eyes. I focus on the pressure instead of the burning. 

Slowly, I push myself up and dodge the wild crowd of never-ending villagers. My feet are relentlessly slow and I battle to make them go faster. 

I need to find Tommy. 

He'll be in a meaningful place, that's the worst sort of torture. Perfect for limbo. The village centre pops into my mind. I didn't know Tommy before we ran away with Tubbo, but the village centre seemed to mean something to everybody. 

I push past the swarm and make it to where the thin street opens onto the main street. Further along, I see the village centre.

But this time, the tree isn't burning. The tree isn't there at all. In its place is Tommy, curled up and alone with his knees pulled to his chest. My heart clenches as I see his pain. Even from a distance I know he's rocking back and forth trying to stop shaking. 

All I want is for that pain to disappear. 

Then the whole world is gone. My eyes widen and I glance around at our new location. 

A meadow. I turn and see a small cottage behind me with a thatched roof and open paned windows. A sweet oak door and a cobblestone path that leads to it. Flowerboxes, a rocking chair and pale walls complete this magical world. Tommy now rocks back and forth at the base of a tree, from which a swing hangs.