8|| Fundy || Part 1

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, NEGLECT, EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWNS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Fundy's P.O.V ~~~~

"Yeah so Tubbo's been super busy with that, and Tommy has been doing literally nothing. Like fucking hell, the cabinet's barely holding on as it without that fucking Seth guy added to the mix." I explain to Jack. Unlike the others, I've remained pretty close with him. We'd been discussing L'Manburg politics for a while now. 

We stood around the side of my house just inside the current borders of L'Manburg. We came out here for privacy from the business of the town. It may be a small town but it's a very energetic small town. 

"Yeah I get it, look you know I live outside of town but I do come in sometimes. That Seth guy, he's got the town wrapped around his little finger. He goes about charming all the ladies and making deals with all the guys. It honest to god drives me nuts," Jack says. 

Jack had been a leader of L'Manburg in the rebellion. His insight was important and he also gives us inside information about what was happening amongst the civilians without us needing to go in ourselves. Whenever we went in everyone was always on their best behaviour and all that. 

Just then, a translucent body decided to float around the corner. 

"Oh for fucks sake, now?" I whisper under my breath and look at anything besides the ghost. 
"Huh? What?" Jack says confused and turns around. 

"Oh hey, Ghostbur!" Jack waves happily and I sigh and look at the floor. 
"Hello, son!" Ghostbur says to me completely ignoring Jack. 
"Yeah, uh hi," I say irritatedly.
"I wanted to give you these Fundy!" Ghostbur says holding out a white bunch of flowers he had been holding against his chest. 
"Yeah, thanks Ghostbur," I mumble. 
"Oh were you two having a little secret chat? I'll leave these by your door Fundy!" Ghostbur ducks back behind the wall. 

"He's fucking... it- it's its," I'm too bothered to be able to get out a proper sentence. 
"Hey, that's heartfelt, man. He's trying his best, he's dead and he's trying to be a father. Look, there he goes again!" Jack gestures towards Ghostbur who's now floating about picking more flowers from people's garden beds. Little thief. He sees us and waves enthusiastically. 

"I suppose Wilbur does remember me," I mutter to myself waving back. 
"Wilbur? What about Dad?"
"It's more complicated than that Jack," I grumble. My ears flick back and forth annoyed by Jack's dimness. 

Ghostbur somehow must have heard us because his head dips and he floats slowly back towards his crane. Thank god. 

"Well done, he's walking off again," Jack says sarcastically. 
"That's not my fault!" I retort. 
"Well done, Fundy. Best son in the world to a dead dad who's trying his best-"
"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OK OK I'M GOING!" My lip flips and I yell angrily at Jack. I march out from behind my house and around the corner towards Wilbur's crane. 

I pause when I get to the door at the back of the crane. Do I knock? Will he even hear it from underground?
"Come on Fundy, he's your Dad," Jack urges again.
"Alright, shut up Jack I'm doing it," I say. I stay still for a moment longer and then defeatedly raise my hand to knock. 

The door whips open before I can knock and reveals Ghostbur standing there. I take a few steps back in surprise. 
"Sorry for startling you Fundy. I just wanted to ask you to sign this book for me? I've been collecting lots of books you see? And this one's yours," Ghostbur reveals the book in question.

It was made of a red sort of leather and tied tightly shut with a leather string. My eyes widen as I recognise it almost immediately. I take it gently in my hands and untie the string and flick through the pages.