36 || Adjustment

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIGHTING, SEPARATION ANXIETY, THEMES OF ADDICTION, ANXIETY ATTACK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I reach up and grab another vial of ghast tears and the small dish of crushed netherwart and tip it into the shaft of the brewing stand. The golden glow stone powder tickles my senses and I force back my sneeze. 

My workroom was one of my favourite places in the house. Ranboo kept his armour and tools in here too but he never used the room to the same extent that I did. This was the first time I'd been back in here since my memories returned. Somehow, it made the room feel even better. More electric, more exciting. 

Maybe it was silly that I was only making a tiny bottle of regeneration to tip into the stew that boiled away in the kitchen, but I knew Dream needed the extra buff. It was no secret he was weak, in more ways than one. 

As my hands keep busy I force my mind to be even busier. It felt like I had sent thousands of tiny people into my mind and they were flicking through filing cabinets of memories all at the same time. I wasn't used to all the information, which is why I was searching for something I desperately needed. 

A clue of some sort about my powers. Anything from a throwaway word my parents may have said to the most intricate lesson from Schlatt's teachings. I scrunch my face up as a wave of aches his my head. I pick up a different pink bottle at my side and take a swig only to frown and pull back noticing that there was barely a drop left. My headache hits me again and I turn to a special chest I had constructed on the other side of the room. 

I open it and smile at all of its workings. Two trays branch out on either side revealing small jars of potion ingredients that I couldn't fit on the shelf. The inside of the lid looked like a child's collage if it were made of tonnes of sketches and recipes and theories for me to try later. 

The shiny yellow pins I had used catch a glint from the dim Redstone light that Ranboo and I had struggled to make work. In the bottom of the chest were I don't know how many bottles of various sorts of potions. Some had red stickers on the lids indicating that they needed to be tested later. 

I reach in and pull out another potion of healing and take a swig. A smile comes to my lips as my headache eases and I return to my workbench. Sifting through memories was a massive pain, my brain wasn't used to all the extra stimulation and it made everything so much harder. 

The satisfying bubble of the regeneration potion fills my ears and I watch the glow from the blaze rod die signifying the potion's completion. I remove the small bottle and go back into the kitchen and pour it into the simmering stew. The liquid disappears without a trace and I give the pot a final stir. 

"Ranboo! Dream! Lunch!" I call up the stairs. The creaking of floorboards and opening and shutting of doors is my only reply. 

"What are we eating?" Ranboo asks as I lift the pot and set it on the breakfast bar. 

"What do you think?"

"Do you people only eat stew?" Dream mumbles and I chuckle. 

"Well, it's the easiest to make when all we have access to is basic crops and whatever game we manage to hunt down. There's bread if you're desperate," I roll my eyes playfully and Ranboo comes around to take bowls out of the cupboard. 

Since Dream and I spoke with Ranboo, he's been better. I don't think either of us is used to being around one another yet but it doesn't feel bad. It feels right being in the same room as him. The fact that this wasn't an illusion had finally soaked in for Dream and he wasn't as insistent about being near me all the time. But he wasn't happy when I had to go to Techno's this morning for breakfast instead of laying in bed all day with him.