✧Christmas Special✧

TW: Some trauma bits but it's not huge and some swears. This is just a cutesy wholesome Christmas chapter for all you simps ;) This stuff isn't "canon" but as usual pay attention because these chapters have A LOT of foreshadowing in them hehehehe 

^ Inspired by the animatic above ^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunlight had slowly started to seep in through the crack between curtains leaving a warm line on my face. I squint and see freshly fallen snow on the windowsill outside. I wriggle a little bit but am pulled back by a pair of needy arms around my waist. I smile feeling delight spring up my spine and rest in my mind as I feel Dream's hot breath on the back of my neck and his chest on my back.

He wasn't awake yet, I knew he wasn't. If he was he would've mumbled a drowsy "good morning" or maybe "Merry Christmas". I drift between sleeping and waking. 

I furrow my brow in confusion when I hear the clicking of fast footsteps and the creak of our bedroom door. An excited grunt and tug on the blankets makes me realise who had found their way to our room. 

"WAKE UP Y/N! WAKE UP DREAM!" Michael jumps and shouts on the bed waking up Dream who groans and rolls over. 

"Michael we're awake!" I get out through my laughter and sit up in the bed. His wild energy had brought bursts of bright colour into a room that moments ago seemed only yellow and warm. 

"IT'S CHRISTMAS Y/N! WOAH-" Michael tumbles over landing on his back. He crazily gets to his hands and knees and crawls over to me and I grab him for a cuddle tickling his sides and making him laugh boisterously. 

"Merry Christmas Michael," I tease in a gravelly voice. 
"Come on! We need to get everyone so we can do presents in the house!" Michael jumps off me and runs to the door again. 

"Woah woah woah, hold your horses, mister! Where is everyone?" I ask and rub a hand subconsciously up and down Dream's arm, silently asking him to wake up. 

"They're still in the other cabin, let's go get them! Hurry up Y/N!" He dashes out of the room and into the small living room. 

"Do your Dads know you're awake yet?" I call to him. 
"NOPE!" A distant yell replies. I sigh and look over at Dream. 

"Dream," I drag out his name in a sweet voice, he hums in a jokingly bored tone. 
"We need to get up so we can look after Michael," I say into his ear and then start to slide off the bed. I let out a surprised squeak when Dream catches my wait again stopping me from moving anymore. I look down and he's buried his face in my side, I smile and run a hand through his messy blond hair. 

"But I'm tired," he whines and I burst out laughing at his silliness. 

"I know you are, but Michael isn't and we have to look after him," Dream only squeezes me tighter. 

"Why do you have to be responsible?" he sighs and I feel his face scrunch up as he tries to wake up at least a little bit. I decide to tease him a little more. With a smirk, I lean down and whisper in his ear. 

"Because I'm the best aunt ever," I quickly plant a kiss in front of his ear, in that moment of weakness his grip loosens and I'm set free. I'm still in my plaid red, green and white pyjama pants and what I think is one of Dream's white shirts but Michael left me no time to change. 

He shoves my crown into my hands and I pull on my favourite blue cloak touching my emerald earring to make sure it didn't fall out whilst I was sleeping. Michael is already opening the door and running down the steps before I've put my boots on.