6|| What I Remember

TW: SWEARING, MENTIONS OF ILLICIT SUBSTANCES, TRAUMA, SLIGHT GORE MENTION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~

I wake with a start. Somebody is knocking on my door. I flop back down and groan trying to put off seeing another person for as long as possible. The knocking becomes more insistent, I groan again and push myself off the small bed in the backroom in my base. I pull on my blue puffer jacket to keep out the cold and meander over to the door. 

"What?" I demand as I fling open the door. It's Ghostbur. 

"Oh, sorry Tommy, did I wake you? I didn't mean to, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come to L'Manburg with me. I wanted to show somebody what I've been building and well, I've already shown Tubbo and Big Q," I sigh and roll my eyes. 

"Fine, let me find some warmer clothes, it's snowing after all," Ghostbur nods happily at my response and I close the door and go back into the back room and start rifling through a chest. 

I'd spent the night at my base wanting to get away from fucking Dream. We've made no progress in trying to find Y/N even though Dream's apparently working for this guy. Winter has now made it impossible to go anywhere off the roads and sometimes the roads are so covered in snow we can't use them either. Without proper supplies, we can't look for her. Every day we're not looking is a day she could die or a day she grows weaker. She might already be fucking dead, and we wouldn't know a thing. Hope sucks, but it's all we have. 

I change putting on my red and white snow jacket in case snow started falling again. I go back to the front door and join Ghostbur outside. Despite the early hour, the sun is shining brightly. I squint and hold my hand up to stop the light from blinding me. 

"Tommy, I want you to see this thing I built I think you'll be really proud of me!" Ghostbur said cheerily leading me up the path to L'Manburg. 

"Ghostbur what's your deal?" I ask halfheartedly. 
"Building L'Manburg!" he said. We come out of the tunnel to the end of the walkway. That's when I see it. 

"WOAH A CRANE! AND LIGHTS!" I exclaim. L'Manburg had been lit up with lanterns and a new cane hung over the chasm where the craters were beneath the platform of the town square. The crane wasn't one of those ugly things that builders use but instead was rather robust and made of strong spruce wood and logs. 

"Oh my god, that's beautiful," I compliment. It was the truth! The golden light from the lanterns reflected off the ice coating the small pond and lit up the snow-covered roofs of the townhouses. They were red, blue and white colours of L'Manburg and were strung on shining copper wires. 

"What do you mean what's my deal, Tommy?" Ghostbur asks as I walk a little faster down the path excited to get to L'Manburg. 
"I haven't seen all this yet! Yeah, like... what's your deal?" My brain swaps between L'Manburg and the conversation with Ghostbur. We reach the beginning of L'Manburg territory and I see the new Camarvan. 

"It's back! In all its glory!" I announce to nobody in particular and Ghostbur follows as I practically skip inside. 

"Who rebuilt this? I need to thank them," I ask Ghostbur as I open the door. I step into the back and run my hands over the benches. All the place needed was some drugs and it would be just like old times. 

"Tubbo rebuilt it, he was very careful and tried to make sure everything was perfect! It's the new cabinet meeting room. Only government officials are allowed in here, but I'm a ghost so it's fine," Ghostbur said.