20 || Execution || Part 2

TW: YELLING, SWEARING, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, GORE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The town balanced comfortably on the cliffside with nothing but a wooden fence to warn the residents of the danger that could await them over the edge. The wind whipped our cheeks as it blew up from the valleys below and our clothes were still mostly wet leaving us freezing.

I'd never seen this town before, on any map. Its remoteness had kept it safe from the Dark Army. The town was self-sustaining and relied heavily on a carefully constructed bartering system rather than money. My mind drifts to L'Manburg and their heavy reliance on sea trade, then the pull returned. Tugging at me just behind my belly button like a long string.

Lorelei and I had split from the boys to head to a clothing store whilst they went to the library to research the origins of my magic. Myles had been fascinated with me the whole way here asking me all sorts of questions about what I could do. In truth, I didn't know much about my abilities, so Myles took it upon himself to find out for me. Ranboo said he'd go with him to help as Myles didn't know everything.

"Are you alright Y/N? You keep spacing out," Lorelei asks, I shake out of my daze. I decide to tell the truth, she already knew enough.

"The time Ranboo and I spent in the Dark Army did something to our memories. He has permanent amnesia, but for me, it's a bit more complicated. Some of my memories seem to be blocked or glossed over, I keep getting new ones," I explain quietly.

Lorelei hums and pushes open the door of the shop. We wave politely to the lady at the counter and duck towards the back of the store where we could see some nice clothes.

"What do you mean?" Lorelei asks as she examines a cloak. I run my hand over the soft cotton of a shirt.

"I'm starting to remember things, but they go against what I know best and what I remember best, and what I was taught," as I speak the images flash through my mind again from earlier.

We walk about in silence for a while and pick a few things before disappearing into the change rooms in the back. Lorelei takes the one next to mine.

"What did they teach you?" Lorelei asked through the wall.

"They told me they saved me from people who didn't want me, people who I thought loved me but never did. Those things make sense, they also taught me a lot about ancient Greek mythology. I'm not sure why though," I'm hit in the chest by a pang of sadness as I remember the hours we'd spent in the Dark Army headquarters. There were no happy memories there, but I still didn't know if my old home was any better.

I'd just pulled a sweater on when Lorelei abruptly bursts through the curtain of my changing room.

"That looks cute on you. Was there anything specific they focused on? maybe it will help the boys," I smile at the starkness of her contrasting comments.

"Mostly on descendants of the more important gods, it was weird," I shake my head trying to remember things. I'd hit by the memory of Schlatt and I walking down the hall after the ball. What was that story he told me?

"That is weird," I nod in agreement.
"They wanted me to lead the army, but we escaped before that plan went into motion," I speak even quieter and hoped that the walls couldn't speak. I'm hit with the memory of Ranboo's illness. His grey skin and restless sleep continued to haunt me. What did they do to him?

"It's alright now, you're with us," Lorelei hugs me tightly and I hug her back. Thank god Ranboo and I found them.

~~~~ Techno's P.O.V ~~~~