33 || Heros

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, INSANITY, SELF-DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOUR 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Dream's P.O.V ~~~~

My feet are silent on the bare forest floor. I move quickly, charging ahead as fast as I can. I have only one goal. 

Find Tommy. 

He escaped. He left. He put everything I've worked for in danger. I had to beg Seth to keep me on. I know he still has information on Y/N. If I find Tommy and lock him away I'll finally get information. I'll prove my worth to him and he'll tell me where she is. 

My breath slaps back hot in my face as my mask blocks me. I feel like I'm suffocating but I won't take it off. I need it. My axe is heavy on my back and slams against me with every stomping step. Any faster and I'd be running. 

My vision is tunnelled between the trees. I don't remember when I started searching this forest. I don't remember when I last ate... or slept. It doesn't matter. It will be worth it when I find him. 

It will be worth it when I find her.  

"Dream?" 

In a split second, my axe is in my hand just under Captain Puffy's neck. I see my arm shake with the weight of the axe and I curse myself for being so weak. I need to be strong. I need to be strong enough to find her.  

Puffy's hands are in the air but her eyes aren't afraid, they're worried. 

"What are you doing here?" Thankfully my voice was still strong. 

"I'm on a walk," she says warily and touches the top of my axe with her finger pushing it down from her chin. Reluctantly, I let her do so but I don't put it away. 

"Have you seen Tommy?" 
"I haven't."

There's a beat of silence. I don't process anything except the forest around me. I keep my ears open for any sounds, Tommy could be anywhere. 

"Dream, are you feeling alright?"
"I'm fine," I snap quickly. I feel my fingers twitch around the leather handle of my axe. Puffy's hands fall to her sides and the look on her face is one I can't describe. It looked like disappointment but also exhaustion? 

"You know that obsessing over Tommy won't achieve anything," her voice is softer but it serves only to confuse me further. 

"What are you talking about?"

"If you think locking Tommy away in exile again will make you feel better you're wrong. If you want to be happy you can't be destructive at the same time," I feel my blood boil. 

How dare she think she can tell me what to do. She has no idea what she's talking about. She doesn't know what I've been through. 

"I can do what I like," my voice spits like venom. 

"Would Y/N approve of what you're doing? What you're doing to Tommy? To yourself?" 

"Well she's not here is she?!" my voice rings through the trees around us. I hear the frantic flapping of bird wings and the shake of leaves. 

Puffy takes some slow steps backwards and shakes her head. Not once did she seem afraid. 

"Just remember to rest soon, please," she nearly whispers the words. 

I follow her with my eyes as she disappears between the trees. 

Another bird takes off from a branch above my head causing a leaf to fall onto my shoulder. I snatch at it, it crumbles in my hand. It reminds me of snow. How excited Y/N was when the snow fell for the first time at our house at the start of winter.