28 || Old Friends

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, TRAUMA LOTS OF TRAUMA BUT NOT AN EXTREME AMOUNT

Fanart by EmOkiil and this is what I picture the guy's uniforms as looking like. Also, I just love the fanart it's so good. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~

My legs burned with every step that vibrated through my bones into my body. My feet thud against the frozen ground. I was more skipping than running and heavily favouring my injured leg. But I couldn't care less. 

I'd found it. I finally found it. 

In the distance was Techno's house. The only safe place I could go where Dream wouldn't find me. He'd never think to come here. I barely even thought of it. 

I could see the shape of an unbuilt house next to Technos and a fully built house behind them. Techno had people living with him? Whatever, it didn't matter. I didn't plan to see anyone. 

My hands and feet were numb and I was sure I'd have frostbite. I stumbled frequently and my lungs burned from the effort. My body was running on air. Thankfully the night sky was clear and the moon lit my path to the house so I couldn't get lost. 

I was saved. 

I opt to not go in through the front door and instead try the doors that seemed to go under the house. They were unlocked. 

I cringe as the door creaks. I peek inside and feel my stomach drop. Wolves. So. Many. Wolves. I force myself to breathe as I slip through the door. Thankfully, there was nothing else in here. Just wolves. A lot of wolves. 

I shuffle along the sides of the room with my back to the wall. I wince with every step and move more quietly than I ever have before in my entire life. I spot a ladder on the other side of the room. I look at the sea of fur between it and me. Fuck it. 

I hesitantly move off the wall. Every tap of my shoe on the floor is nerve-wracking. Every snort from the dogs sends me reeling. Every creak in the ceiling makes me want to scream. I step over the big grey sleeping beasts until I reach the ladder on the other end of the room. 

I climb down and am instantly hit with a revolting smell. I groan and cover my nose. I poke around a bit until I find workstations thrown in the back. I noticed that there was leather curating in a caldron, that's what the awful smell was. 

Revolted, I find another ladder and head even deeper into Techno's house. How many basements did this guy have?

The next basement was full of chests and on one wall was an iron door. Curious, I try the door but it's firmly locked. I turn my attention to the chests next and hallelujah was that a good idea. My eye light up as I see golden apples, emeralds, armour, weapons, literally anything I could ever want or need!

Like a kid in a candy store, I grab as much as I can carry. In particular, I grab the apples. I bite into one so fast I barely remember to chew. The deliciously sweet flavour runs over my tongue and I feel pure bliss. Golden apples are the best. I finish the apple and then move on to another and then another. I let them fill my belly with their sweetness. 

I'm biting my third or fourth apple when I notice a weird bit of fabric draped on one wall. I bite into the apple and chew as I pull back the fabric. 

It was a hole in the wall. It was small but I could just fit into it. I hum in thought. It could make a great hiding place if it was a little bigger. I feel a lightbulb go off in my head and I dig through the chests until I find a pickaxe. An unused, shiny, iron pickaxe with diamonds in the hilt. I whistle in admiration and then set to work making the hole in the stone wall deeper.