23 || The Truth

TW: YELLING, SWEARING, DEPRESSIVE THOUGHTS, POVERTY, SLAVERY, MENTIONS OF FAMILY DEATH

Huge inspiration from the video in the banner <3 Credits to Taytei

Also, this chapter is pretty short... I also didn't proof read, let me know if there are errors <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~

The beach is quieter today. The wind has ceased its whistles and instead floats gently fluffing my hair and wafting the horrible stink of the bird shit on the rocks straight into my nostrils. A familiar face sits next to me, he'd become a more constant companion recently, no matter how much I wanted him to just leave me alone. 

"I miss you, but your right here," I speak my thoughts aloud. Tubbo snorts with laughter. 

"Are you telling the truth?" he asks absentmindedly. Today he was wearing a suit, no longer in his favourite green shirt. 

"Of course I am," I scoff. 
"Then why haven't you come home?"
"I can't,"
"I'm losing interest,"
"In what?"
"You."

The words shock me even though I know they're coming from my own mind. 
"Bullshit, you're not even real," I snap quickly.
"Are you sure of anything these days?"

I don't speak and let the crashing grey waves fill the silence. Whitewash seeps into the damp sand leaving a light line of foam. The same here wasn't soft like on the beaches in L'Manburg. Here, it was coarse and rough and far from a dainty sandy yellow. It was as if someone has taken grey paint and yellow paint and mixed them before pouring it all over the sand. Everything seemed grey here, besides the grass I guess. 

I'm not sure of anything these days. Dream comes to look after me, talk to me, be my friend but then he blows up my stuff in a pit. I don't remember if that's normal or not. I used to think the seagulls that raided the shores were my only companions, but even they left when the day broke away into the evening. I feel a familiar question circle my brain. 

"Is it true nobody misses me?" I blurt out. 
"Yes, very true indeed. Why would we ever miss someone as reckless and destructive as you?" Tubbo laughs and stands up. His horns catch a gleam in the sunlight as I watch him walk away. He continues to cackle, the sound was horrible; it made my stomach sink deep into my body. 

Out of nowhere, he pulls out a coin and flips it. It sparkles and shines and then hits his palm with a satisfying smack. 

Suddenly, I was alone again. 

~~~~ Y/N's P.O.V ~~~~

Lorelei hugs me so tightly for a second I worry if she'll hug all the air out of me. But I'm sure I'm hugging her back just as tightly. I hear her sniffle quietly in my shoulder, it was a hard day for all of us. Ranboo and Myles talked in hushed tones not far from us by the driver's seat of the caravan. 

We'd stopped at a crossroads, Lorelei and Myles would continue their travels to the coastal towns and Ranboo and I would head inland. As far inland as we could go, we weren't sure where it would take us but it was where the voices wanted me to go. 

Lorelei and I unwillingly separate so I can pick up my rucksack from where I'd dropped it by my feet. I feel a tickle on my cheek and lift a hand to wipe away the wetness. 

I walk over to Angus and dig into my pocket for the carrot I'd kept for him. His warm, muscled tongue swipes over my hand collecting its prize and trapping it between his teeth. I can tell that he isn't fond of us leaving either. He seemed sadder than usual, slow to pull the caravan and droopy this morning not wanting to graze like usual.