16|| Chess

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, ABUSE, MANIPULATION, DRUGS, BETRAYAL, SLIGHT DEREALIZATION, EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN

Also, this chapter is longer than usual. I generally cap chapters at 5000 words because that's the average length of a book chapter. This is nearly 7000. Have fun :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tubbo's P.O.V ~~~~

"Tommy you had one job," I say but Tommy isn't looking at me. 

Tommy's eyes follow Dream as he walks away down the path. I'd say that my blood was boiling but I couldn't be mad anymore. I was tired. I haven't slept properly in weeks, I'm weak but I'm still awake. You've never seen a bastard orphan more in need of a break. 

I just wanted all this to be over. Now, look what he's done. I run a hand through my unkempt hair. 

"Be positive, be peaceful, that was all I asked of you. You fucked it up," I repeat but Tommy still isn't listening. 

"You fucked up this time," I hear Quackity whisper behind me. I feel myself about to snap. I whirl around angrily and face him. 
"No, this is on you two as well!" I shout at Quackity and Fundy. They start protesting incoherently but I'm sick of their excuses. 
"You went along with it!" I accuse. 

"We thought he was right!" Fundy defends. 
"If there's anyone to pin it on it's Tommy! He signed the document and then rebelled against it! Tommy, why didn't you tell us about Spirit?" Quackity turns to Tommy now.

Tommy simply sighs and runs a hand through his hair unable to form a sentence. He looked tired too.

"Tubbo, you know he's just trying to get under your skin so you turn on me right?" Tommy tries to sway me but I stand strong. 
"No, he made it pretty clear why he's doing all this! He's doing it to get your discs because he wants them. Because he wants control over you and of us," I reiterate Dream's words from earlier. Although they weren't quite true. It wasn't just about the discs, it was about Y/N too. 

"But you know he's..." Tommy trails off trying to find an argument that he hasn't already used a thousand times today. 
"You had one job. You couldn't do one thing for me! Just one thing, and it was for your own good! You know what? If the roles were reversed, as you said, yeah, you probably wouldn't exile me. Because I would have listened to you and probably would have had some shred of respect! You've messed this up for not just yourself but a whole nation!" I felt my chest tighten but force it to relax. I can't afford to be emotional now. 

Tommy turns back to the wall. I don't even know if he's heard me. 
"You're selfish," I mumble. Tommy finally hears me and whips around but for once he doesn't speak. For the first time, Tommy was speechless. 

"What happened is in the past now fellas. What do we do now?" Big Q asks the question on everybody's mind. 
"We have three days," I start. 
"Tubbo-"
"I DON'T WANT TO EXILE YOU!" I shout, I'm sick of Tommy's interruptions. He's done nothing but ruin things today, he needs to be quiet for a minute. 

"Tubbo, this whole war, L'Manburg, everything, this started way before any of that. Me and you versus Dream, remember? This can't be where we split now. It's always been the two of us. Please, I wouldn't exile you-"

"I don't want to exile you but-"

"The power has gotten to your head! Listen to yourself, you would never have said this to me before you were president. That's why I wanted Wilbur to be president, this isn't what we were meant to do! There have been too many times where I put the discs to the side but now you can handle this."