53 || Only the Night Sky

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIRE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, ALCOHOL, DRUGS

Currently shitting myself because I just realised I'm going to cap this at part 60...

What the actual fu-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laughter and the faint smell of beer mixed with smoke and the glow of fire were no further than fifty metres in front of us. I pull my mask up higher on my face and adjust my grip on my bow feeling its weight and the weight of my quiver on my shoulder. 

Tonight was the night. 

Purpled and Punz are commanding our troops in the east and west keeping Schlatt's forces busy. We were yet to receive word of their knowledge of Schlatt's whereabouts. For now, we assume they're in the dark about it all. 

Karl, Quackity, Fundy, Skeppy, Ponk, Sapnap and George are covering our southern ambush with some of Tai Shu's best fighters. My team and I covered the north. 

The wind blows into my face exactly how I want it to. I couldn't let them get any sense that we are nearby. I wasn't risking even the slightest error. Drista is silent at my side. I had purposefully paired the two of us together to take on the biggest camp. 

Our entire plan hinges on stealth and timing. Our goal was to make it look like there were more of us than there actually were. On scouting missions, the crows had discovered multiple camps awaiting orders in the north and south just as I had hoped. I had split everybody into pairs for the mission. Techno and Dream were the only two of us who had entire camps to themselves. Phil and Tommy were paired on a medium-sized camp, Ranboo and Tubbo have a slightly larger camp. 

It didn't take much to convince Drista to join our cause. She was more than happy to move into the castle again and help Eret manage things. 

"As long as I get to go on field trips with you guys," she had smirked.

Tonight would be her first "field trip" and I had a feeling it would go brilliantly. Drista shifts slightly, adjusting her grip on her crossbow. 

We would be using long-range weapons first tonight. We were saving close-range weapons for later. We could handle this mob with no problems, as long as we kept our distance. At least I knew I didn't need to babysit Drista as I often babysat some of the less experienced teams when I went out to fight. 

I can't help but glimpse up at the stars as we wait cloaked by the thick shrubs. 

Only the night sky would be witness to our battle tonight. Drista nudges me impatiently and I turn back to the camp feeling my cramped joints at every movement. The signal was taking longer than we had anticipated and we were rearing to fight. 

I watch as the soldiers pass around a flask of some sort of alcohol. One of them has a cigarette. In that instant, I felt like the world's deadliest hunter, a lion stalking its prey. These idiots had no clue we were here, they had not the slightest inkling that there might be an attack. 

Schlatt had gotten cocky. His successes on the front lines had rendered him more arrogant than when I had left him. In a random burst of thought, I wonder how much he will stink of alcohol tomorrow at the interrogation. He'll probably smell less like alcohol than usual. I wasn't sure if that thought was more unnerving than it is when he's drunk off his face. I shake refusing to think about being in the same room as him again. 

A boisterous laugh from the soldiers makes me flinch a little. 

Get your shit together Y/N.