24 || Solivagant

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, DESTRUCTION, DEPRESSION, PANIC ATTACK, FEAR, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

Did not proof read or edit, if you see errors feel free to comment them and I'll fix it up <3

ENJOY :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our feet thump heavily on the frosted earth as we make our way across the valley. The map, yellowing and curled on the edges, sits snugly in my palms as I stare at the course we'd plotted yesterday. 

We'd been travelling for a few days now, stopping only when we had to and avoiding roads to keep out of Dark Army patrol areas. When we passed through them, I couldn't stop myself from wondering if the people in the Dream SMP even knew the threat they were under. 

Moving through the night was the worst. Winter may be ending, but it was still freezing overnight, and we were heading Northwest which meant it would only get colder. Not only were we cold but we had to watch out for the demons. Because it was so cold we were dealing with Strays instead of regular skeletons. 

It's always been told in children's stories that whilst skeletons were what was left of Old World's people, Husks belonged to the most haunted of Old World's people. People who experienced such pain and hurt that their skeletons demanded ice to heal the burning wounds. But of course, those were children's stories, used to warn children against disobeying their parents or going out in the snow alone. 

As long as Ranboo and I kept to the trees in the evenings we'd be alright. We'd climb as high as we could and strap ourselves to branches with the rope Lorelei and Myles had given us. Away from Strays, away from the frost. 

We hadn't been following the map, it was just a guide for supplies. In reality, we were following the pull I'd been feeling. With each passing day, the voices became more and more excited. We kept asking them why they were excited or why we had to follow the pull but they insisted that they didn't know anything except that we had to follow it. 

We continued our walk towards our next town, we were running low on bread. 

"How old do you think this map is?" I ask nonchalantly. 

"⟟ ⊑⏃⎐⟒ ⋏⍜ ⟟⎅⟒⏃ ⊑⍜⍙ ⋔⏃⌿⌇ ⟒⎐⟒⋏ ⍙⍜⍀☍" Ranboo replies making me laugh. 

"Well there aren't any dates in the margins, but the paper is yellow. But it might not be old, the paper may just be damaged, it's hard to tell," I sigh and stuff the map back into my rucksack. 

"⟟⌇ ⏁⊑⏃⏁ ⏃ ⍀⍜⏃⎅?" I look up and follow Ranboo's gaze. 

"Yeah I think so, it goes in the right direction too. Should we follow it?" 

"⟟⏁ ⍙⟟⌰⌰ ⋔⏃☍⟒ ⏁⊑⟒ ⍙⏃⌰☍⟟⋏☌ ⎎⏃⌇⏁⟒⍀"

"True, let's go then." 

****

"What if it's full of soldiers like the last town?" Ranboo wonders aloud. 
"The last town was madness, that was the busiest we've seen yet," I reply.
"Maybe, but we keep saying that. The closer we get to wherever we're going, the more Dark Army soldiers we see. How do we know the pull is even a good thing?" Ranboo's worries make me think. 

He was right. Every town seemed more crowded than the last. My thoughts flowed with the rhythmic crunch of gravel road under my boots. We'd seen lots of fallen trees and logs alongside the road too. What if they moved tanks through here?