59 || Silence

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, SCREAMING, BLOOD, GORE, VOMIT, MENTIONS OF DISEASE AND OTHER DISGUSTING STUFF

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Dream's P.O.V ~~~~

I sprint toward Sapnap and Phil as fast as I can. The ground vibrates with each pounding step. The siren made everything vibrate. It rattles my ribcage and sets my mask at odd angles. I focus on it as hard as I can. I use it to block the whirlpool of mixed emotions in my chest. I use it to shield myself from sorrow and heartache. 

All I had in my mind was the way Y/N had looked at me before the golem took me away. Her eyes swam with unshed tears, glossy and squinting slightly. Her lips carried the ghost of a smile, one I hope I'll see again. 

Selfishly, I want to be with her until the end. But I know she's right. If this is what she wants me to do then I'll do it. She wants me to do the right thing not just by her but by everyone. I want that too. 

I cut through the dwindling crowd of Dark Army soldiers to get to Phil and Sapanp. 

"Dream! What's the alarm for?!" Phil shouts finishing off his opponent and taking on another. 

"It's the nuke alarm, we need to get out!" I shout back and block someone's sword. 

"Why are there fucking plant people everywhere?!" Sapnap's voice cracks as he screams. His white shirt and bandana were stained with blood and his armour had taken a lot of hits. Classic reckless Sapnap. 

"Y/N. She'll be right behind us," I lie through my teeth. A lie more for myself than Phil and Sapnap. There is a chance she can still make it out, I hope she takes that chance. Sapnap slices a man in half and stops for a breather when nobody else comes to attack him. 

"Where do we go?"

"Away from the cities, we don't know what's going to be bombed," I say. Phil throws two soldiers to the ground pulling his bloodied sword out from one of them. 

"I'll alert the others," Phil says and starts running towards the centre of L'Manburg. 

"I'll clear the field," Sapnap smirks and cries out as he charges back into the frenzied fighting. 

I take that as my cue and throw an ender pearl onto the roof of a nearby building. I wasn't expecting the scene that laid itself out in front of me. As dumb as that felt it was true. I wasn't prepared to see the ground littered with bodies of all shapes and sizes. I wasn't ready to see golems being taken down by extreme numbers of soldiers that attacked them. The bloodshed spreads further in front of me than I thought it would. I've underestimated L'Manburg's territory before but this was incredible. 

I spot Punz and Purpled guiding soldiers away. I spot Sapnap running away from them and smirk knowing he must have told them to get people out. A thought shocks my brain and I throw my next pearl towards the SMP. I sprint to our back lines, our final line of defence. The people who stopped the Dark Army from reaching the SMP. 

Pearling between buildings I notice how few Dark Army soldiers had actually managed to make it this far. I can't help but wonder where Schlatt's military strength disappeared to. This battle was nothing like previous raids. No soldiers used potions, no TNT, not even flint and steel. The ms they have are the standard iron swords. It was questionable, to say the least. 

Landing my final pearl I sprint towards Puffy and Niki who are commanding our back lines. They also coordinated our wounded. 

"Niki, Puffy, we need to get everybody to the outskirts of the SMP-"