29 || Secrets

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, BETRAYAL, EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN, PANIC ATTACK, MANIPULATION

I let Grammarly do the editing for this one guys... lmk if there are errors or if you're confused I promise I'll fix it <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes and am hit with an incredible sense of isolation. It's black everywhere look, the floor is wet. I look down and see that I'm walking on water. The water is black too. 

"Hello?" I tremble. I stumble back when the strange world lights up. My breath is taken away. 

Lights. Hundreds of thousands of beautiful lights. They fall from the sky in strings and change colour. I touch one and it shrinks away like it's alive. I look down and see that I'm wearing a white dress. A tight white strapless bodice hugs my waist and billows out into a strange skirt. It didn't fall perfectly, it looked like the fabric of the skirt had been grabbed in random places and pinned to the bottom of the bodice. 

What is this place? A place that was both grim and beautiful. It was cold and wet but also warm and colourful. 

"Hello?" I call again. 

"Hello?" a voice calls back. 

I know that voice. It was feminine but strong. I spin around and see a shadow disappear. The shadow had thick curls and seemed to have a coat. But it was gone. 

"Hello?" I call a little softer and walk to where it was, pushing past the beads of light. They continue to change colour. Instead of red, white and blue, they change to shades of purple, white and yellow. 

"Hello," two monotone shadows appear behind me. I spin and catch their appearances for a second. Both wore hoodies and held large axes, one had a medallion. 

"Hello?" my voice shrinks to desperation. The water splashes as I pick up my skirt and run. Shades of green surround me. 

"Y/N," a deep voice says. I catch sight of a tall shadow with a gas mask on and layers of textured jackets. 

"Who are you?!" I scream and my voice breaks. Blue. Bright blue. 

"Remember," I squeal and leap out of my skin. A shadow behind me disappears, it was also wearing a hoodie but I didn't catch anything else. 

"Remember what?!" I demand and try to stay strong. I tangle in one of the lights and thrash in the water until it lets go of me. 

Shades of red, yellow and black. A masked figure. 

"Remember us."

"WHO ARE YOU?! HELLO!" I scream and the room goes black and silent. 

The only sound is my rapid breathing. Every splash of watcher makes me flinch, every swish of my dress. 

"HELLO?!"

I shout as I sit bolt upright. I turn to where Dream was and then am hit with my surroundings. 

I'm in my bed, at home. Dream isn't here. I'm not in a black room full of strangers. Why did I think Dream was here? Do I want him to be here? 

I lean back against my headboard and cradle my knees to my chest. I wish Dream was here. I wish he was here to hold me and tell me everything is ok. For a moment I didn't care about my memories or what Dream had done. I just wanted him with me... so much.