5|| Wilbur?

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, ALCOHOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tubbo's P.O.V ~~~~

I stare intently at the maps on my office wall. Since I last spent time with them there was a couple of new red X's and O's on areas we had checked and areas for more searching. We've found no trace of Technoblade anywhere. Well, not nothing. 

I groan and run my hands through my hair pressing down on my skull. It was like he was teasing us, fucking taunting us from the treeline. Footprints or tracks of horseshoes through the snow. He was too good, slipping away just when we think we've caught him. Always an elusive few steps ahead. 

This was proving impossible. I reach over to my desk and grab my drink. I let the repulsive flavour of the whisky wash over my tongue, I cough and put the cup down again. I know I shouldn't be drinking it, I don't want to be drinking it, but it's all that came to mind. I stare at the stupid glass on the desk, only Fundy and Big Q knew about the issue. Tommy was never here long enough to give a shit. 

I wish Y/N was here, everything would be different if she was here. Maybe I'd be happier, a little lighter. Maybe I wouldn't be alone in a dark office surrounded by unfinished paperwork, dodging political hot potatoes. Maybe we'd be out in the field making flower crowns or laughing at Tommy or baking something at the house. Maybe she'd play the guitar for us and Niki would sing with her.

Y/N always knew how to make things better, how to cheer me up. She was the most incredible person I knew, and I forgot that. But I know it now, I know it well, you only realise what you have when it's gone. I push my emotions down somewhere in my body. I can't think about it. Maybe Y/N would have distracted me from everything that happens here, from everything I can't stop thinking about... But she's not here, I just need to suck it up. 

I'm about to have another sip of the dreadful whisky when Quackity comes smashing in through the door. His expression is pale and panic-stricken, my insides immediately tighten and form knots. 

"Tubbo, Tubbo you have to see this," Quackity pants leaning heavily on the doorframe. He must have run the whole way here. I say nothing, I don't grab my suit jacket despite the freezing winter weather outside, I just follow Quackity down the hall and out to the town. 

It's a particularly quiet day in L'Manburg. Tuesday, everyone's working fields or their trades or spending the day inside or at the hospital with those who were injured in the whither attacks. I shiver at the memory. Quackity and I speed walk down to the town centre. 

"What is it Quackity? I don't see the prob-" I stop short of my sentence when I see him.

An awfully pale man stands in the middle of town, but he doesn't stand, he floats. His feet hover just off the ground and he cheerfully smiles at some young girls and waves them goodbye. He's wearing a yellow sweater and black jeans, the thing that makes me freeze is the fringe of brown curls poking out of his beanie. He turns around and I see his face. But that's... impossible...

Quackity stands a little bit behind me as I walk incredibly slowly to the steps. As we walk down the steps, the man sees us and grins wider than I thought possible. A bright smile reached his eyes and pinched his cheeks. He enthusiastically waves and floats towards us. 

"Wilbur?" I somehow manage to make my voice work as I hit the landing of the steps. The floating man waves again brightly. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask in a threatening tone. 
"O-oh... well I'm just having a look around town, it's very lovely here. Everyone is so nice! Well, maybe not that one man who yelled at me... But everyone is lovely!" Wilbur sounds different. Completely awestruck, I watch as the man continues to talk.