37 || The Community House

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIRE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, TRAUMA, EXPLOSIONS, CRYING,  SEVERE DISTRESS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Techno's meeting with Dream went smoother than any of us could have hoped. Techno didn't mind that Dream was here, but at the same time, he didn't seem entirely comfortable with the idea. He reacted similarly to Phil I guess, impartial, quiet, minimal to no opinion on the issue.

We were sitting at the table and then Ranboo walked in with Dream who had left his mask off. Technoblade was defensive about having a stranger in the house but as soon as Dream spoke he knew who it was. 

Techno stood up and shot Tommy a look who was sitting beside me at the table. He was visibly tense but he didn't hide causing confusion. After a rushed explanation that Dream didn't want to take Tommy back, Techno sat down and went back to looking at the map he had spread on the table. 

After that things were pretty normal, well, as normal as they could be. Dream has been staying in the house for the past few days but it was inevitable that he would have to go into the SMP since he was the only true monarch. If that wasn't enough reason then he had been wearing the same clothes for nearly a week and desperately needed to change. 

The coffee I brewed tasted bitterer than usual and Dream had been mostly silent all morning. Neither of us wanted him to leave. Ranboo left for L'Manburg yesterday to update Tubbo who left Captain Puffy to look after Michael for the time being. 

Dream yawns drawing my attention away from my thoughts. 

"Did you get much sleep?" I ask curiously. I had slept soundly all night and since Dream and I shared my room I assumed he had too. 

"I tried," he shrugs and I sigh. "I've just got a lot on my mind, I'm not super fond of the idea of leaving you behind again."

"Dream, I'll see you soon, I'm not going anywhere," I reassure him. He turns around in the kitchen agitatedly and leans on the bench in front of me leaving little room between our faces. I curse the blush that was slowly forcing its way onto my face. 

"That doesn't mean I like the distance any better," he mutters. It was almost funny how I was thinking the same thing. I glance at his lips and then feel my next action come to me like instinct. I lean in and press a soft kiss to his lips, I taste coffee on his breath. It tasted just as bitter as my coffee but it also felt sweet. It was definitely better than coffee. 

Dream pulls away with a sad smile on his face, I could see the mischievous glint in his eye. 

"Now I really don't want to leave," he grumbles. I press my palms on his shoulders pushing him back teasingly. He frowns comically at me reminding me of Tommy when Techno tells him off about eating the golden apples in the house. I can't help but giggle quietly. 

I sigh as Dream makes his way to leave. He hadn't brought anything with him besides his axe so all he had to do was walk out the door. I follow him feeling a bit like a lost puppy and step out into the strangely cold and humid spring air outside. The Tundra has a funny way of coping with the change in seasons, I wasn't one to question it. 

"Well, I guess this is where I leave," Neither of us knows what to do. We stand facing each other awkwardly with our hands at our sides. 

"You'll be back soon though and I think I'll start seeing people again. Who knows?" I try to keep the air light but it's still thick with longing and melancholy. 

"I can't wait for the day that you come home," he pulls me into a hug and finally breaks the tension. I do my best to memorise everything about him. His scent, his warm hug, the feeling of his breath tickling the bare skin on my neck, his heartbeat.