55 || Action

TW: SWEARING, ANXIETY ATTACK/DISSOCIATIVE TRAITS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quiet morning chatter and the smell of bacon and eggs are what wake me in the morning. That and the tentative visitor who slips through the walls of the pillow fort to find Dream and I sleeping in the pile of pillows in the living room. 

Once Dream got inside I knew he was freezing. We didn't even stop to explain why the whole house was a pillow fort, he just accepted it and followed me to the fireplace to warm up. I wanted to make him something to eat, but my hands were shaking too much to even help him with his armour or hold my axe. We just lay down and slept. 

Dream's arms were still firmly wrapped around my stomach and I could feel the tense muscles in his face as he buries into my shoulder. He hadn't been able to relax all night, he didn't let go of my hand once. Usually, I didn't mind, but after yesterday, it made me fret all the more. 

The padding of little feet on the wooden floor and huffs as Shroud climbed through the mountain of pillows make me smile. He comes around my feet being careful not to wake Dream. Shroud's sweet red eyes were shy and cautious as he watched Dream behind me. 

"Morning Rascal," I whisper to him and reach out a hand beckoning him closer. He smiles with me and shuffles forward on his knees cupping his hands over my ear to whisper back. 

"Tubbo told me to be quiet," he says. He pulls back looking at me and then Dream again. I open my arms and he crawls into my chest for a cuddle. 

"Does that mean everybody knows Dream is here?" I ask him, Shroud nods dutifully. I hold back my sigh of relief. That would save me some trouble for this morning, although Dream was far from escaping the boundless questions Drista will have for him.  

"Do you want bacon, eggs and sausages?" I breathe out a laugh knowing Tommy must have sent him to ask me about breakfast. 

"Yes please, Dream would like some too," Shroud nods again and I let him crawl away again, back into the fort to the kitchen. 

Once he's gone I roll over in Dream's arms so I'm facing him. It upsets me when I notice the terrible frown lines on his face and how tightly his eyes are closed. He really does worry that I'll be gone when he wakes up. I press my hands to his cheeks and run my thumbs over his tense muscles being as gentle as I possibly can. Slowly, Dream stirs and relaxes into my touch before opening his beautiful green eyes to inspect my face. 

"Are you-?" he chokes on his words and coughs a bit. I smile sympathetically and rub his back. 

"Yes, I'm here, I promise it's me," I swear I'll never get bored of saying that. I'll never be irritated with him for asking, only grateful that he loves me so much. 

"How are you feeling?" he asks me, shifting so that he's propped up on an elbow. 

"I feel better," I smile but then sigh realising what sort of day we had ahead of us. "It's going to be a busy day."

"I know," Dream pulls me in closer leaving me wondering how there was any more space between us for me to be pulled into. I feel a sense of warmth overcome me as he gazes at my face. I watch him, his childish freckles seemed to have lost some of their prominences over the last few hours. 

"I don't want to get up," he says. 

"I don't either, but we have to," I quickly kiss his lips and wiggle away before he can catch me again. He groans and flops down again making me laugh. He grins watching me as I slip back into the fort and crawl into the kitchen.