52 || Always

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, SELF DOUBT, TRAUMA, MENTIONS OF BLOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xtWnRa8ddw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4cGfEawxUY

^^^^ Inspired by these videos that made me cry and a tiktok that got deleted^^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tubbo's P.O.V ~~~~

Ranboo always poked at how I stank whenever I came inside from the factory. I have a feeling he will say I smell extra bad today. 

The stench of melting metal, coal, smoke and gas was something I had become long been accustomed to. Interrogating Schlatt, however, was not something I ever wanted to get used to. I yank down my visor and kick the welding gun into gear, carefully watching the hot sparks weld the metal plates together. 

I sniff in the helmet wishing I had cleaner air to breathe. Sparks bounce off my gloves and sometimes off my exposed arms. I had stopped feeling the burning of it a long time ago. My thick scarred, insensitive skin proves to be an excellent natural armour. 

Dream and Y/N want me to interrogate Schatt after our ambush. Dream asked matter of factly like he usually does, but Y/N was more thoughtful. Both of them knew I'd be useful in interrogation. I would be more level-headed than Quackity, and I spent a long time as Schlatt's left-hand man. 

My hands grow shaky as memories try to resurface. I turn off the welder and lift up my helmet to be greeted with the smell of freshly bound steel. I take a breath full of horrid factory air. 

I need to be strong for this. Solid, like the crust of the earth. I'm the strong one, I'm not nervous. Ranboo and Michael depend on me, I can't let them think I'm worried or scared. I have a country to run, bombs to build, and a family to look after. 

I don't ask how hard the work is, I don't need to. I'll do it all so no one else has to. 

Steadying myself I cross to check my building plans again for the bomb tails. I sift through papers looking for one in particular. I groan when I realise I'd left it on my desk in the house. I dump my face shield, grab my leather jacket and lock the factory door behind me as I head to the house. 

I open the door and notice that Ranboo isn't downstairs. 

"Bee?" I hear Michael call. I look around and spot him on the couch. I smile and sit with him. 

"Yeah?" I ask him stretching my arms as I get comfy. 

"Can I ask you something important?" I look at him surprised. Michael usually didn't care for anything serious. I watch his little face, his brows are furrowed and his snout is pouty. 

"Of course," I say. Michael crawls forward and sits on my knee. I hold his shoulders as he looks up at me with big eyes. 

"What's a soulmate?" he asks. 

I go to answer but stop short. I believe in soulmates, but I've never really thought about it before. Instead of one person coming to mind, I see two. Ranboo and Tommy. I shake my head, that's not how it works, I tell myself. 

"Well, it's like a best friend but more," I start slow and state the obvious. 

I used to think Tommy was my soulmate. 

"It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anybody else."

That was Tommy. We've known one another since we were toddlers.