21 || Cocoa and Compasses

TW: YELLING, SWEARING, DEPRESSION, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, INJURY

(Also didn't proof read if there are errors pls lmk and I'll fix them :) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Phil's P.O.V ~~~~

I watched the world through my window as I sipped my steaming cup of tea. Technoblade had escaped a few days ago and the crows had relayed to me that he was in good health. I didn't doubt it, but it didn't make me feel any less guilty. 

The constant weight of the fucking ankle monitor around my foot was a reminder of my mistakes. Why didn't I hide the compass better? None of this would have happened. 

As I stand my stiff wings groan like rusted metal in protest. It was impossible to stretch them in the house. Technoblade was right, he'd always been right. The government here had done nothing but hurt the two of us and I'd had enough. 

I set down my half-drunken cup of tea on the table and whistle for a crow. One flies down the stairs and lands on my shoulder letting out a caw as it lands. I grab a paper and a pen and scribble my message down, a plan formulating in my mind. 

"Get it to Technoblade," I tell my feathered friend tying the note to his leg. Once it's secure he disappears the way he came from. 

I take a look at my ankle monitor. It shines in the light reflecting the curse of binding it had been enchanted with. It wouldn't come off unless I died or I somehow managed to break the metal. 

Thankfully, when I was building the house I had found a magma deposit deep in the earth. And I had a mine shaft heading straight to it. 

I turn to the floorboards grabbing my axe as I cross the room. I begin to hack away; reflecting on what I'd written in the note. 

I'm coming.

~~~~ Y/N's P.O.V ~~~~

I smile as the fresh breeze tickles my cheeks making them ruddy and warm in an attempt to keep out the cold weather. I pulled the blanket around me tighter and sunk back into the fold-out chair I was sitting in. The fire crackled by my feet and the water in the lake gently rapped at the bank rhythmically. 

The lake we had settled by was ginormous and void of trees. There was a forest further down the road but here there was scarcely anything besides water and the mountain range on the other side of the lake. Earlier this morning, the light reflected so perfectly off the still water it looked like a mirror. 

A mirror of the golden rising sun behind the dark emerald green mountain accompanied by the orchestra of birdsong and waking wildlife. 

I don't hear the conversation Lorelei, Myles and Ranboo are having around me, my mind is plagued by other things. 

I remember my heart loving Dream, but I wasn't sure if he loved me. I had remembered something from our time in the city in the early hours of the morning. It had forced me awake and unable to fall back asleep, I went outside to catch the first light of day instead. 

The photo of Dream with that girl. I remember they were close together, he was wearing his mask but it was clear the girl was overjoyed to be with him. She was pretty. Pretty hair, glossy skin, she looked like a model. 

All my memories that were returning are happy, so how did Schlatt have proof of this other girl?

"God damn it!" I startle at Lorelei's voice as she stamps out of the caravan in her pyjamas. 
"What's wrong?" Myles asks immediately concerned. 
"We don't have any cocoa! I wanted to bake cookies today," she pouts playfully.