10|| Ripples

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, GASLIGHTING, BETRAYAL, MANIPULATION, MENTIONS OF ALCOHOL AND SMOKING

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sun gently warming my face. I open my eyes and see the golden light pouring in through the window making a door-shaped square on my bed. I smile and pull myself up stretching my arms. The voices are quiet and still sleepy, so I leave them be for now. I kick off the covers and take my hairbrush from the nightstand and go to the mirror. I brush my hair sleepily and examine my reflection. 

My toned muscles were long gone and my body was still skinny. But I was no longer malnourished. My skin was much brighter and the bags under my eyes had left me. I don't quite remember why I was so thin, Schlatt said I was unwell. I frown as I try to recall why I became so sickly but nothing comes to mind. I brush away the thought and instead go into my closet. 

I flick through the clothes in front of me and pull out a nice dress. I hold it up against myself trying to decide if I wanted to wear it. 

Oh, don't pick that!

"Why not?" I ask the voices. They must have woken up whilst I was brushing my hair. 

It's dreadfully ugly. 

Another voice seems to say, both similar and completely different to the last voice in some twisted way. 
"Alright you lot, if you hate it so much you'd better help me choose a different one. Why so picky today?" I shoot back as I hang the dress back up. 

We're not being picky, we're being smart. 

"Fine fine, let's choose something then," I say and start flicking through the racks again.