26 || Mothers

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIRE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE

You may notice that the timeline kinda messes up in this chapter. Ignore it I'm doing this for dramatic effect <3

Also didn't proof read so if you see errors lmk in the comments <3 I will fix them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~

The tree branch digs into my butt but I'm too cold to give a shit. The fireworks reflect their hundreds of colours in my eyes as they explode in a fury of sound and anguish far away in the distance. The pops come out of sync with each burst of colour as sound struggles to keep up with the light it travels with. Colours of red, blue, yellow, white and black bloom in the sky like flowers. L'Manburg's colours. 

It was Christmas eve and they were having a party, without me. I didn't even know, Dream didn't even tell me. He probably didn't want me to feel left out, he probably didn't know I'd be able to see the fireworks from all the way over here. 

But I heard the booms and climbed the tree and I can just see the explosions. Joyful and proud on the horizon. The only other sounds are the waves crashing onto the shore and the flapping of my shitty tent. 

It was colder than usual tonight and darker, or maybe it just felt that way. I was too far past the point of caring. I watch the fireworks until they no longer make bold shapes in the sky. But still,s I sit, only now I watch the nether portal. Maybe now that it's over someone will come and see me. But nobody does. 

No presents this year, no big roast, no warm house, no friends. Nobody at all. I clutch the compass that hangs around my neck as I leap off from the branch. I don't want to rick the thread snapping and the compass falling on the floor. 

My toes slip in and out of the holes in my sneakers as I walk to the campfire. I hadn't eaten tonight. There were no fish to catch and Dream didn't bring food when he visited this morning. 

I rub my hands together and hold them in front of the fire trying to get warm. I unconsciously run a hand through my hair and adjust the bandana around my neck. I pick up Y/N's journal from where I'd left it at the entrance of my tent and hug it to my chest. She would've visited me.  

Tubbo didn't even visit me today. It's Christmas, we always used to spend Christmas together. As kids, on Christmas eve he would come to my house and we'd try to stay up all night looking for Santa. We've never managed to stay up the whole night. We'd always fall asleep. 

At least I would get one Christmas gift tonight. I look up to the skies and smile, the clouds had cleared for the first time in ages. The stars were on show for everybody to see. I remember Y/N loved looking at the stars. We'd do it on top of the van with Fundy and Jack sometimes, it was fun. 

I look back down at my fire and catch sight of my hands. They looked like skeleton hands with skeleton fingers. I was so skinny that even my fingers had given up on me. Real food was hard to find and when I did find it I barely knew how to cook. 

Behind me, I hear the swirling of the nether portal. Did somebody come? I whip around and look at the portal, but only Ghostbur steps out. I should be grateful, but I can't get Y/N and Tubbo out of my head. 

"Hello Tommy!" he waves cheerfully. 
"Why are you here?" I grumble and turn back to my fireplace. 
"Oh... Well because parties are for everybody! You shouldn't be alone on Christmas eve," Ghostbur floats at my side and crosses his legs. I guess ghosts can't really sit.