five; jasper

"Calm the fuck down, asshole!"

I waked up with the sun on my face for the first time in my life. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. I guess it's better than waking up with Bellamy making out with someone.

when I open my eyes I notice that I'm not only sleeping in Murphy's tent, but I'm also sleeping on Murphy. Without knowing what to do, and noticing he's still asleep, I get up and walk out of the tent as fast as I can.

I realize how early it must be when I see few people walking around, and most of the tents are still closed.

I walk towards the dropship when I hear Jasper moaning in pain, loud enough to wake up everyone.

The last thing I want to do is talk with Murphy, so he could sleep all day, for all I care.

We barely know each other and I'm sleeping on his tent. We kissed for God's sake.

"That bad, hun?" I ask looking at Clark, noticing the look on her face, when I get up the stairs.

"The grounders cauterized the wound. It saved his life." She tells me, Octavia, Monty, and Finn.

"Saved his life so they could string him up for live bait. Garden of Eden this ain't." Finn mutters crossing his arms.

"This is infected. He could be septic." Clark breathes out. "Any progress on using the wristbands to contact the Ark?" She asks Monty who just looks back at us without saying a word. "Monty?"

"That would be a firm no." He says looking back at what he's doing.

"My mother would know what to do." Clark mutters more to herself than to any of us.

Wells gets up the stairs, not because he gives a fuck about Jasper, but because he's in love with Clark. Obviously.

"How's he doing?" He asks

"How does it look like he's doing, Wells?" She snaps at him.

"Hey, I'm just trying to help." He puts his arms up and I look at Jasper, who keeps moaning.

"You wanna help? Hold him down." Clark orders putting her knife on the fire.

"I'm not gonna like this, and I?" Monty asks more to himself than to anyone else.

"Probably not." I tell him and Octavia looks at me, disgusted about what we're all gonna witness.

"I need to cut the infected flesh." She tells us and I swallow hard as she starts cutting it.

I don't look away, I've seen worst.

Suddenly Jasmer stops moaning and his head falls to the side. Maybe he's dead.

"Stop, you're killing him!" Octavia yells checking his pulse.

"She's saving his life," I tell her putting my hand on her shoulder trying to calm her down.