thirty-one; city of light

John

John... who the hell was John...

The men come straight towards us, Emori tries to fight them off but fails miserably. 

"Teik en klika." One of them shows us one of A.L.I.E's keys. (take the key)

"Nou." I state steadily noticing that Jaha was here with his hologram friend.

One of them hits Emori in the face so hard she falls to the ground. Two of them take her away from the room and I'm left alone with the other two.

"Teik en klika." He tells me again.

I don't answer and he punches me in the face, breaking something in my mouth making me spit blood.

I'm pushed straight by the other man, as the one standing in front of me hits me in the stomach. ordering the same thing after each hit.

When he notices the bloody cloth on my arm, he rips it off making me groan. Before I can make another sound, he sticks his finger in it making me scream in pain as the blood dripped down my arm.

"Teik en klika!" He says harshly but I spit all the blood on my mouth into him, winning another punch on my face.

I feel myself getting weaker and weaker by the second. The man takes the cloth from my neck and runs his knife through the already wounded flesh. I can't move or he'll probably stick his blade into my neck.

When he's done, he looks at her wound on my leg and I groan in response. When I do this, he realizes it's a good idea to take the cloth around it and stick his dirty fingers in, making me scream as hard as I can.

I can feel the blood dripping into the floor as my leg becomes numb. The man behind me changing his grip to grab me by the arm, placing his hand on top of the bleeding wound making me scream even louder than I believed possible.

When I can see straight, I notice that Cosmos' in the room. I figure that it would be my best option to not take the key.

The man behind me lets me go and I fall ungracefully on the floor, hitting my nose on the ground and crying out in pain.

Cosmos kneels at the other end of the room and I quite literally crawl to him, feeling myself giving up from the amount of pain that was inflicted on my already weak body.

"I know you're in there." I almost beg him but he doesn't change his deranges looked as he looks into my eyes. "Please..." I cry out. "Cosmos!" I shake him as hard as I can when I don't get any reaction from him.

He puts his hand on my cheek lovingly and I think that I might have done it, he was back.

"I'm sorry," he says with no emotion in his voice.

When I notice he puts his hand around my leg, pressing as hard as he could in my wound. The pain becomes unbearable and I finally give up. Taking the silicone piece into my mouth, swallowing it.

Everything vanishes in a matter of seconds. Nothing was left. A real feeling of emptiness runs through me, but somehow, I'm not sad. I clean the blood from my face and I notice that my wounds don't hurt anymore.

When I look around, the first thing I see is A.L.I.E, I knew her, I had met her... I don't know when but I know I met her before.

"I told you there was no pain in the City of Light." The woman tells me and I get up from the ground and look up at her, ready to do what she'll tell me to. "Do you want me to take you there?" She asks kindly and I nod.

When I notice, I'm in the middle of a city, busy people walking around and living their lives.

"Like what you see?" A.L.I.E asks in her normal robotic tone.

"I love it." I turn my head to the side a bit. "Who's here?" I look back at her.

"Everyone who took the key. Even Cosmos." When she says this the boy comes towards me.

I knew his face, I knew his name. I knew him, I just didn't know how.

"I'll let you two talk," A.L.I.E says kindly as a smile appears on my face.

He smiles back at me. Something feels off but I can't understand what so I just let it go. Cosmos showed me every inch of the city. He loved it.

We spent some time talking, I couldn't understand how long, but it was enough for us to catch up on how we both liked apples and how we both liked the City of Light. I didn't know if he felt the same as me about it thought.

I could never ask him cause before I could, A.L.I.E would tell me what I needed to know. She would always tell me that there was no pain, that was why I couldn't understand. Apparently, there were a lot of unwise feelings in me before she helped me.

When I notice, I'm back in the normal world, and as always, A.L.I.E's there to help me.

"I need you to do something for me." She tells me and I nod smiling.

"Whatever you need," I answer her.

"I need you to make John take the key." She says steadily but never abandoning the little smile on her face.

The name that left her mouth so effortlessly and it made me wonder. I knew it, but I didn't know how or from where. I start to think and think, trying to understand it but I can't. I can feel that it's somewhere in my mind but I can't find where. As if it was just out of reach.

"Don't worry." A.L.I.E interrupts my thoughts. "You're safe." She assures and I nod to myself.

"I know," I tell her.

"We can take care of John tomorrow. You should rest, you're very tired." A.L.I.E informs me.

I nod at her order and walk to my house, laying in my bed.

John... who the hell was John...