eleven; fighting

"Fight me, then

"Fight me, then. The ultimate test."

I ran to Delphia's place as fast as I can. I had left my weapons at home before going to the dropship so they wouldn't suspect, the only thing I was carrying was the knife I had hold to the guard's neck and I couldn't take anyone down with only that.

"Chit happa? Delphia biyu kom be hir by sonop." Onto comes running towards me as I almost collapse at their door. (What happened? Delphia said you would be here by morning.)

"Trikru," I mutter catching my breath. "Emo jomp op em." (They're attacking.)

"Did emo saw yu?" He helps me in towards Delphia who was getting dressed in their bedroom.

"They didn't go there. Biological warfare." I inform them as I get myself straight again. "Some kind of hemorrhagic fever. I got it but I'm fine now."

"They'll attack them. You know that." Delphia gets closer.

"You think they'll win? This fever... some of them died." I walk with them inside and to her bedroom.

"Not our problem," Onto says coldly.

"Don't be rude, Onto. She cares about them." Delphia tells him who just scoffs and walks away from the room. "Did you lose someone?"

"No, but I promised to go back." I look at her. "I can't leave him again."

"Love's a weakness, sweetie. Be cold." She touches my face so that I could look at her. "I won't do what I did for you to anyone else."

I nod at her swallowing hard.

"Go change. We have to practice your aim."

It was John or Delphia. I had to make a choice.

I had spent my night thinking about what I would do. I get up from my bed earlier than usual and walk towards Delphia who was sitting talking with Linn and Tiga.

"You're early. Wanna train?" She asks me and I nod at her. "You're fighting Linn today."

"Bring it on." I nod as he gets up.

He tries to hit me almost immediately and I get punched in the face, making my nose bleed. I don't clean it, instead, I cut his arm, enough to bleed but not enough to actually hurt him. I'm able to kneel down and cut the back of his knee making him fall but quickly getting back up and punishing me so hard I flew to the ground, hitting my back. Hard.

"Is that all you got?" I get up slightly groaning in pain.

He comes towards me and hits my face, breaking something in my mouth. When he gets close I spit the blood in my mouth into his face so that he couldn't see for a few seconds, sliding on the ground between his feet and I'm able to be behind him, kicking the back of his knee I had cut earlier, making him fall on his knees.